More Chopper Dreams - Page 4
Close

More Chopper Dreams

This is a discussion on More Chopper Dreams within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; This is a candidate sitting in the "turd pile" (general manager's phrase) at work: I think it would be a good starting point for a ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    This is a candidate sitting in the "turd pile" (general manager's phrase) at work:

I think it would be a good starting point for a vintage chopper.

'77 Shovelhead, complete but not running (dead battery, no gas). Note the huge oil spill underneath. The bike actually looks better here than in person. I'm going to ask the gm what he wants for it. Bikes in the pile are typically sold (cheaply) to wholesalers for eventual auction so I should be able to get a pretty good price.

quote:Originally posted by JackC

Whoa, those are scary pants! What is that car in the background?
    Its a speedboat on a trailer. Those guys owned a company that built speedboats. I think Denver Mullens of Denvers Choppers built them 2 bikes in exchange for a speedboat.

Scott

quote:Originally posted by JackC

Whoa, those are scary pants! What is that car in the background?
    Its a speedboat on a trailer. Those guys owned a company that built speedboats. I think Denver Mullens of Denvers Choppers built them 2 bikes in exchange for a speedboat.

Scott

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

quote:Originally posted by Acemon

This is a candidate sitting in the "turd pile" (general manager's phrase) at work:

I think it would be a good starting point for a vintage chopper.

'77 Shovelhead, complete but not running (dead battery, no gas). Note the huge oil spill underneath. The bike actually looks better here than in person. I'm going to ask the gm what he wants for it. Bikes in the pile are typically sold (cheaply) to wholesalers for eventual auction so I should be able to get a pretty good price.
    Do you design custom bikes. I have lot of customer looking for good mechanic

A complete Shovel like that for under $4k would be something to jump on fast. The sporster at top probably wanted closer to $8K? Thats a pretty high number to start with if you are going to have to do alot of work to the bike right off the bat. If you are looking for a good place to get info on the web check thechopperunderground.com/

Cool! ---RIP

quote:Originally posted by Burns

Maybe another forum would be better for this post? Perhaps "Hardly Drivable" a cite dedicated to Milwaukie iron based lawn art sculptures.
    General
    Bikes, beer or whatever the hell else you want.....'nuff said!
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

My friend just bought this 74 XLCH project a couple of weeks ago for $1200. Owner said engine was recently rebuilt, its all there in boxes. This is how we had it rigged up to see if it would run (it does). First time working on a Harley, kinda made me want one.

Pretty Cool "Pan" er iron head...with that gooseneck frame, Should of looked at some signatures as in who made the frame and what kinds of parts were on that bike before saying no deal, it could be worth allot!

I LIKE ALL BIKES...
    http://theglassboot.blogspot.com/

i still dont like harleys, maybe really early ones before they became all wank-y and chrome. i like choppers tho just not harley based useless ones. also dont harleys use 1 crank pin for both pistons? thats a design flaw if you ask me. they sound nice tho, we had a hells angels harley chop thing at work last month, had slash cut straight through pipes, made a lovely sound
    strip it, race it, rebuild it, repeat over...

quote:Originally posted by scubabiker

....dont harleys use 1 crank pin for both pistons? thats a design flaw if you ask me.
    They've been using that design pretty much from day one I believe.

Of all the things I heard about "going wrong" with Hardleys, I can't say blowing big ends or cranks is up there in the top 10 so I'd say the design is probably sound enough for the application.

Personally, I'd like to have a late 50's Sportster in the garage if I was going to own a Harley.....although a vintage 70's Shovel chopper would still be pretty nice.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links