More Chopper Dreams
Close

More Chopper Dreams

This is a discussion on More Chopper Dreams within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I went to look at a '73 chopper the other night: It actually ran and idled, dripped no more than a typical panhead and was ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

More Chopper Dreams

I went to look at a '73 chopper the other night:

It actually ran and idled, dripped no more than a typical panhead and was the 70s style I want but the seller asked way too much for a bike with mechanical issues such as no brakes, no lights and screwed-up forward controls. The right-hand shift was also a deal killer.

I'm going to keep looking.

Maybe another forum would be better for this post? Perhaps "Hardly Drivable" a cite dedicated to Milwaukie iron based lawn art sculptures.
    mjb

Maybe another forum would be better for this post? Perhaps "Hardly Drivable" a cite dedicated to Milwaukie iron based lawn art sculptures.
    mjb

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

quote:Originally posted by Burns

This is the section where sometimes we talk about cars, music, current events, excluding politics and religion, food with an emphasis on pie. Sometimes when we're lucky, G posts excerpts from his upcoming book. Sort of a "whatever the hell you want" section. Besides I like choppers.

Just can't love the gooseneck frames. Is that the proper term?

There was a dude selling a 70s built CB750 near me. It was all period original and nice, just looked broken in the middle. So does the one Ace posted, they all look like that?

quote:Originally posted by Burns

This is the section where sometimes we talk about cars, music, current events, excluding politics and religion, food with an emphasis on pie. Sometimes when we're lucky, G posts excerpts from his upcoming book. Sort of a "whatever the hell you want" section. Besides I like choppers.

Just can't love the gooseneck frames. Is that the proper term?

There was a dude selling a 70s built CB750 near me. It was all period original and nice, just looked broken in the middle. So does the one Ace posted, they all look like that?

Captain America to Mike Hailwood - whatever spins your tach.
    mjb

Captain America to Mike Hailwood - whatever spins your tach.
    mjb

Some men lust for Pamela Anderson. For me, a leaky, rattling chopper is less hassle, plus I can stuff it in the garage when I'm done wrestling it around in a sweaty daze.

Not all choppers are ill-handling beasts. The old CB750 chopper (Savior frame and kit) I owned was an oddly sublime pleasure to ride. Certainly, it had its quirks, but who among us hasn't owned at least one factory-built motorcycle with quirks? As I seek a 70s-style chopper, such as the one above, I expect a certain amount of problems and poor steering geometry is certainly at the top of that list. Thankfully I understand rake & trail quite well (thank you, Tony Foale, wherever you are) and can solve demonic issues with my handy SawzAll and MIG welder.

I don't expect Isle of Man performance. Such would be folly, indeed, but an occasional ride around town, similar to what a T-bucket owner does on a sunny afternoon, will be enjoyable.

The guys I work with at the Harley dealership think I'm nuts. And so it goes.

Some men lust for Pamela Anderson. For me, a leaky, rattling chopper is less hassle, plus I can stuff it in the garage when I'm done wrestling it around in a sweaty daze.

Not all choppers are ill-handling beasts. The old CB750 chopper (Savior frame and kit) I owned was an oddly sublime pleasure to ride. Certainly, it had its quirks, but who among us hasn't owned at least one factory-built motorcycle with quirks? As I seek a 70s-style chopper, such as the one above, I expect a certain amount of problems and poor steering geometry is certainly at the top of that list. Thankfully I understand rake & trail quite well (thank you, Tony Foale, wherever you are) and can solve demonic issues with my handy SawzAll and MIG welder.

I don't expect Isle of Man performance. Such would be folly, indeed, but an occasional ride around town, similar to what a T-bucket owner does on a sunny afternoon, will be enjoyable.

The guys I work with at the Harley dealership think I'm nuts. And so it goes.

I love choppers. Diggers specifically tickle my tipple.

Do it ace.
    That's like, your opinion, man.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links