storm - Page 4
Close

storm

This is a discussion on storm within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; oh yeah, kinda forgot about redhook. Its flooded pretty bad. Tex, I'm not on FB. I still have a phone with buttons, no cable, steal ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: storm

oh yeah, kinda forgot about redhook. Its flooded pretty bad.

Tex, I'm not on FB. I still have a phone with buttons, no cable, steal internet, no washer dryer in my house or dishwasher, light my joints with wooden matches, etc.
    Internet arguments are like the special olympics. If you win you're still retarded

jag is the only one I would worry about - his house floods when the toilet backs up - a deluge ought to wreak some massive havoc.

My parents lost power for about a day. other than that and the neighbor's tree that came down across their driveway and that they had to put the dog to sleep today because of massive amounts of cancer, everything is fine. I put a new key switch in the R80 so that my pops could work in the garage by turning on the headlight and aiming it at the ceiling. Half a tree came down in Flushing - slid down the roof without so much as scratching a tile, missed the driveway and the GTO, and proceeded to take out the fence and land in the neighbor's yard.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

jag is the only one I would worry about - his house floods when the toilet backs up - a deluge ought to wreak some massive havoc.

My parents lost power for about a day. other than that and the neighbor's tree that came down across their driveway and that they had to put the dog to sleep today because of massive amounts of cancer, everything is fine. I put a new key switch in the R80 so that my pops could work in the garage by turning on the headlight and aiming it at the ceiling. Half a tree came down in Flushing - slid down the roof without so much as scratching a tile, missed the driveway and the GTO, and proceeded to take out the fence and land in the neighbor's yard.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Portland, Oregon. (But not the hipster douchebag part of town.)
    quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

jHalf a tree came down in Flushing - slid down the roof without so much as scratching a tile, missed the driveway and the GTO, and proceeded to take out the fence and land in the neighbor's yard.
    Where do you buy your luck? I need to shop there.
    [email protected] from the Past

Portland, Oregon. (But not the hipster douchebag part of town.)
    quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

jHalf a tree came down in Flushing - slid down the roof without so much as scratching a tile, missed the driveway and the GTO, and proceeded to take out the fence and land in the neighbor's yard.
    Where do you buy your luck? I need to shop there.
    [email protected] from the Past

I live in CT. across from Long Island N.Y. Worst storm I have seen. The Tidal surge at my home was 3 feet higher than I have seen in my 57 years. If the winds hadn't died down before high tide, I would have gotten water in my basment for sure. NYC has wide spread damage. I was out of power for 3 days, and consider my self very lucky. I sustained no damage, but many homes in surrounding towns were pulled off their foundations. Fuel is getting scarce today, as people try to keep their generators going. All in all a very stressfull week.
    dief544

This may be a dumb question, because I have never been in a real storm like the one that just hit y'all back east. But can someone tell me why so many cars got caught in high water? The photos on the news reports show tons of cars getting flooded and smashed into buildings and so forth. As I recall, there were flood warnings for hours before the storm hit. I imagine the first thing I would do after I heard the first flood warnings would be to pack up my valuables into my car, and drive to high ground.

very small percentage flooding came to what was high ground, the rest just assholes and idiots
    new jersey has like 8.8 million people that's like 1200 people per square mile, if half of them have any brains you still got 600 people in every square mile that just don't know what to do or how to do it

FR
    quote:Originally posted by midge

very small percentage flooding came to what was high ground, the rest just assholes and idiots
    new jersey has like 8.8 million people that's like 1200 people per square mile, if half of them have any brains you still got 600 people in every square mile that just don't know what to do or how to do it
    Are you fucking kidding me? I don't even know how to respond to that post.
    FR

http://sidewaysnortheast.blogspot.com/

i think its just a matter of people not evacuating- themselves, or their cars.

before monday every other call to evacuate has been crying wolf. Heck, before Irene i didnt even know what Zone A was or that we even had flood zones. Irene was a joke, so people stayed put to keep their homes from being looted.

the real interesting thing now is the siphoning and fistfights at gas stations. Its madmax meets waterworld out there.
    Internet arguments are like the special olympics. If you win you're still retarded

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links