How much is this HONDA CB200T worth? - Page 2
Close

How much is this HONDA CB200T worth?

This is a discussion on How much is this HONDA CB200T worth? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; stopping perfect is questionable with the cable operated disk brake... You haven't seen the bike? Why do you want a cb200?...

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    stopping perfect is questionable with the cable operated disk brake...

You haven't seen the bike? Why do you want a cb200?
    -

Go ride it and see if it truly "runs and stops perfectly" (for what it is anyway)

Take allot of detailed photos...

What's the other side of the bike look like? Tires look really old and the seller left compound or something on them from tying to clean the pitted rims. There are no boots from the carbs to the air cleaner - ouch ! . It looks to be leaking from the cylinder base gasket and all of the chrome bits look icky.

You will find all of these issues and many, many more when you actually go see it. Take along someone that knows bikes.

Go ride it and see if it truly "runs and stops perfectly" (for what it is anyway)

What's the other side of the bike look like? Tires look really old and the seller left compound or something on them from tying to clean the pitted rims. There are no boots from the carbs to the air cleaner - ouch ! . It looks to be leaking from the cylinder base gasket and all of the chrome bits look icky.

You will find all of these issues and many, many more when you actually go see it. Take along someone that knows bikes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

quote:Originally posted by kerosene

Having seen it yet.

I figured it would be a great starter bike. I plan on only riding in the city and not freeways. To me the bike has character, looks simple to work on, cheap starter bike thrills.
    The best slave is the one that thinks he\'s free.

quote:Originally posted by kerosene

Having seen it yet.

I figured it would be a great starter bike. I plan on only riding in the city and not freeways. To me the bike has character, looks simple to work on, cheap starter bike thrills.

quote:Originally posted by Dean

I spoke with the owner over the phone, he was pleasant. Answers were straight forward.
    He did mention that the tires were old and needed to be replaced,"no boots from the carbs to the air cleaner" How important is this? And that sucks cuz he said it was all original. Are cylinder base gaskets easy to repair? About the chrome being pitted, it's a 76 wouldn't that be normal? The bike did original come from Michigan but kept in a garage. So wouldn't surface rust on the frame for a 36 year old bike be normal?

quote:Originally posted by Dean

I spoke with the owner over the phone, he was pleasant. Answers were straight forward.
    He did mention that the tires were old and needed to be replaced,"no boots from the carbs to the air cleaner" How important is this? And that sucks cuz he said it was all original. Are cylinder base gaskets easy to repair? About the chrome being pitted, it's a 76 wouldn't that be normal? The bike did original come from Michigan but kept in a garage. So wouldn't surface rust on the frame for a 36 year old bike be normal?

So with all these known issues and if the bike rides solid, how much should I offer? And I meant the chrome being icky and not pitted.

So with all these known issues and if the bike rides solid, how much should I offer? And I meant the chrome being icky and not pitted.

I see what you mean regarding the connection from the carb to the filter. I am planning to put on pods but that does kinda worry me.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links