whatever happened.....
Close

whatever happened.....

This is a discussion on whatever happened..... within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; to the guy on L.I., and a friend of Kerry, who was cobbling together that Triumph with donated parts? any updates or pictures?...

whatever happened.....

to the guy on L.I., and a friend of Kerry, who was cobbling together that Triumph with donated parts? any updates or pictures?
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

Quote Originally Posted by texmawby View Post
    to the guy on L.I., and a friend of Kerry, who was cobbling together that Triumph with donated parts? any updates or pictures?
    Funny you should mention it derby and I were just helping his brother get his cb360 running a couple of weeks ago. The bike is still there, he is still forging ahead on the project. It has hit a bit of a snag recently because he tracked down most of the parts he was missing so all that was left was to rebuild the motor, and he needs new parts to do that - and having no money he is at an impasse. I recently gave him an old black and white photo setup (enlarger and all the chems) that he can either trade or sell to get parts, the enlarger came to me free from a neighbor who was moving to california and since he is an art teacher at a high school it seemed appropriate.

so basically if you have anything you don't need for a OIF triumph/bsa and want to donate to the cause - it wont go to waste. This includes the dumbest of parts - got a partial gasket kit you will never use? he'll take it.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Portland, Oregon. (But not the hipster douchebag part of town.)
    Found the blog address but couldn't get in. How does he expect to get donations if access is set to a chosen few?

http://oifuckinfree.blogspot.com/ This blog is open to invited readers only

[email protected] from the Past

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    Hey, I'm broke (was laid off June 2011, 16days after surgery)
    Can't get unemployment, still fighting with insurance companies and surgeons)
    I'm not expecting anything for free though
    Kudos to everyone for your generosity, sounds like he's a lot worse off than I am (at least my wife has a decent job)
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

Quote Originally Posted by crazypj View Post
    Hey, I'm broke (was laid off June 2011, 16days after surgery)
    Can't get unemployment, still fighting with insurance companies and surgeons)
    I'm not expecting anything for free though
    Kudos to everyone for your generosity, sounds like he's a lot worse off than I am (at least my wife has a decent job)
    At the time we started this project, he had just had his 3rd kid and was the sole earner for his family - had to get rid of his triumph chopper, his hot rod, and almost all his surfboards to just keep afloat. I had this OIF chassis and bottom end kicking around I wasn't doing anything with it so I gave it to him with the proviso that he couldn't sell it without paying back everyone who gave him stuff. A couple of our friends found out and started kicking in parts. Bret was the super cool man and kicked in a tracker/cafe seat. I have helped him as much as I can but I had a kid myself so haven't been able to move him forward as of late. The dude has helped all of us at one point or another with projects and finding stuff, it was kind of his friends way of saying we didn't forget about ya - here is how we save your sanity.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

I was wondering the same thing. I sent him some mufflers this summer. I'll look around for anything else but I think I pretty much cleared out any stuff I'm not using this summer when I cleaned the garage. Glad to hear he's still at it.
    1988 FZ600

Sponsored Links