Atlanta Motorsports Park
Close

Atlanta Motorsports Park

This is a discussion on Atlanta Motorsports Park within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Have any of the local to Atl. members here (WERA686,hondamototech,etc.) had a chance to lap the new Atlanta Motorsports Park here in Dawsonville yet? Atlanta ...

Atlanta Motorsports Park

Have any of the local to Atl. members here (WERA686,hondamototech,etc.) had a chance to lap the new Atlanta Motorsports Park here in Dawsonville yet?

Atlanta Motorsports Park
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

I hear it's not really suitable for motorcycles at this point. Safety issues, among other things. But I'll admit that I've been tempted to hit up their kart rental deal a couple of times

Oh, and hondamototech is by best friend, Jack. We used to race with ken essex back in the day, too! I was so excited when I found out my bosses had bought this site

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I hear it's not really suitable for motorcycles at this point. Safety issues, among other things. But I'll admit that I've been tempted to hit up their kart rental deal a couple of times

Oh, and hondamototech is by best friend, Jack. We used to race with ken essex back in the day, too! I was so excited when I found out my bosses had bought this site
    They let bikes run on it though, I've seen em.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    They let bikes run on it though, I've seen em.
    The Go Kart track is separate from the car track. It's a cool country road track with lots of elevation changes, not your typical flat Go Kart track.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

the Go Kart track is the small one in the center dirt section in this pic to the left of the big loop exit.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I had a chance to ride there with a friend. We had two free guest passes and had a blast there. I wouldn't have a race there with the safety walls to close. There is no real run off, but for going and have a little fun. It's great. Just stay within reason of what the track is and the lack of run off.

This is my video. I was on an 07 FZ6. My friend was on his Z1000.

Blake Harrison
    Last edited by Blakester122; 01-22-2013 at 06:45 AM.
    I\'m picking up what you\'re throwing down.

This is his video from his Gopro. The under the bike stuff is me.

Edit: I will say also. They have a db level of 95 or 98db at 50 ft. They have mics placed all over the track to help make sure it stays at that level. It's there, because of one neighbor. He doesn't like the track.

Just shoot me a message if you have any questions.
    Last edited by Blakester122; 01-22-2013 at 06:58 AM.
    I\'m picking up what you\'re throwing down.

Wow - there's a lot of armco there.

Nice looking circuit otherwise.

I went to all the county commission meetings to help vote this track in. There was a LOT of opposition to it. Mostly from neighbors near by with horses who were afraid the noise would scare the horses, one of the reasons they have such strict noise control rules. The horses will get used to it and with the noise regs it is hardly noticable anywhere away from the house. My ex's house is about a mile away and she says she can here them running on occasion but it's not near as loud as when Ernie Elliott (who the land was purchased from) runs an engine in his dyno room 9/10 mile from her.
    It's fun to go out there and watch wannabe's drive their Ferrari 458's into the wall. I saw a 458 and a GT3 Porsche crash there. I hear tail lights on a 458 are $3500.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Sponsored Links