cb750
Close

cb750

This is a discussion on cb750 within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I love building old motorcycles and working on them i have always rode old bikes. The kids at school always make fun of what i ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cb750

cb750

I love building old motorcycles and working on them i have always rode old bikes. The kids at school always make fun of what i ride. They all ride new bikes would it be posible to build a cb750 that could take a r6?

FR
    Possible? Maybe, I doubt it, actually no, but what would be the point anyway?

FR

I guess you've never ridden an R6, or any modern sportbike.

The difference between a CB750 and a Yamaha R6 is like...
    a Ford Model T and this years Ferrari F1 car. Seriously. The 2006 R6 redlines around 16000rpms and makes about 110hp, all from 600ccs. You're CB750 might make.... 60hp at 7000rpms?

Funny what happens with 30 years of development on the sportbike cutting edge. The only way you could "beat" a R6 is on the cafe looks department... and of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

The CB750 is heavier...it would beat the R6 to the ground if you dropped them both out of a plane.

If you threw a CB750 at a Decepticon it would do more damage than an R6.

R6s are everywhere...CB750 cafe bikes are more rare...that's something.
    JohnnyB

Who was the dude on the tower of Pisa with the cannonball and the marble? Galileo? Didn't he prove that more mass doesn't fall faster? Does that apply to a CB750 and an R6 at all? Could I ask ANY more questions?
    Also, don't let those beaters clown you about riding an old bike. They've got no imagination. You'll have the last laugh when they wrap themselves around a tree anyway.

Z

In a vacume items of different mass fall at the same rate. In the real world masses of different Density fall at different rates due to the resistance of air.

For instance...a balloon and a pea that weigh the same, will fall at the same rate in a vacume, but at a different rate in air...due to the difference in density and aerodynamics.

I figure the extra heavy CB750 would fall faster than the lighter R6...even though the R6 is more aerodynamic. But...I guess if the R6 fell nose first it might win anyway.
    JohnnyB

Cycle Xchange claims they can build a 1061cc Sohc (Cb750) motor that will put out 130+ Horsepower at the rear wheel. M3 racing builds Sohcs to 96 rw HP with a 1mm overbore (approx 760cc). They also get their bikes down to something like 375lbs dry weight. I'm pretty sure a 375lb, 130 HP Cb750 would kick an R6's ass (in a straight line at least), but you'd probably be able to buy an R6 for the money spent to get it there. If I was rich I'd do it just to see the look on the R6 owner's face (I'd build a completely stock looking Cb, too). Jimmy

yeah but is the ballon inflated with vacuum?

9.8 meters per second squared.

FR
    ...What.. is the air speed velocity of an un-laden swallow?

FR

African or European?

JohnnyB

PS. Inflated with vacuum....I can do that with a shop vac attachment

Edited by - jbranson on Apr 25 2006 10:12:30 AM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links