"sometimes you have to troll on people with your car a little"
Close

This is a discussion on "sometimes you have to troll on people with your car a little" within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Matt Farrah is the uber douche but this is kinda awesome:...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Matt Farrah is the uber douche but this is kinda awesome:

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

DAmn that's cool!

Cool! ---RIP

I think this kid wants to be Dennis Hopper. He's no Dennis Hopper.

Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing people out there having a good time on motorcycles. It makes me take another look. - S.M.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

that's because he's Harry Hamlin. That same year he gets to play Perseus and ride a motherfucking flying horse (I know....a pegasus). He doesn't have to be Dennis Hopper, he's doing just fine. Both of those KOTM characters are based on real people and the real people are way more interesting than the movie. The guy Harry's character is based on built a chopped roof RSR 911, and the guy Dennis Hopper based his character on had a marina blue 1966 that he solicited Dick Gulstrand's advice into building a home made Grand Sport Corvette.

But still, the Rx7 is better? know why? it's fun. Remember fun? it is the thing we used to have with vehicles before the internet.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

"uses wood like a Morgan"

And to think that we have a 91 GMC Safari van with the exact same paint job. We even have the same rust patches and flaking clear coat and base coat

Portland, Oregon. (But not the hipster douchebag part of town.)
    Dig that thing. I'm glad to see there is hope for the new generation of gear heads, but the kid needs to quit trying so hard to explain it.
    [email protected] from the Past

Someone please change Geets' "Senior Member" to "Knowingest shit motherfucker"

My college g/f had a '79 RX7. Every time it rained she'd grab me to go for a ride so she could slide every corner. Won't tell ya what happened at the traffic circles!
    And I don't have to 'remember' fun. Racing a piece of shit CB350, dragging knees, and being able to grid along side the likes of Mercer and Tillman is about as much fun as I can handle these days - and that's quite a lot!
    Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing people out there having a good time on motorcycles. It makes me take another look. - S.M.

All I see is a piece of shit and a kid with an attitude, though I kinda like the kid for some reason. The "host" (tool), says this kid "doesn't care what people think. More importantly he wants to get a rise out of people in Malibu, with all this money, with his angry, fast, crazy RX-7" which, to me, is a complete contradiction.

Geeto, that RSR is still owned by the same guy who used to race it on Mullhollan, (Banning or Bannner, I think). Excellence magazine did a write up on it a few years ago.
    1988 FZ600

Quote Originally Posted by mickey356 View Post
    All I see is a piece of shit and a kid with an attitude, though I kinda like the kid for some reason. The "host" (tool), says this kid "doesn't care what people think. More importantly he wants to get a rise out of people in Malibu, with all this money, with his angry, fast, crazy RX-7" which, to me, is a complete contradiction.

Geeto, that RSR is still owned by the same guy who used to race it on Mullhollan, (Banning or Bannner, I think). Excellence magazine did a write up on it a few years ago.

says the guy with the porsche 911.

Actually the guy who owns the 911 RSR is Chris Banning and if you want your life to be sucked away for days begin reading what I think is one of the most awesome gearhead threads on the internet:
    What happened to the Mulholland "King of the Hill" RSR? - Pelican Parts Technical BBS

Seriously it has everything including bikes, a history of mulholland canyon, foresnics, the restoration of the porsche, racing stories, drinking and racing...you name it.

Actually Mickey I have been meaning to ask you something. Lately my intrest has been piqued about an older aircooled 911, say mid 1970s. The wife hates the idea but I just want to know if I would even fit in the car and be able to drive it. I know I am too tall for a first generation (pre 2005) boxster but your waterbaby fit like a glove (sorry for that block long burnout). Knowing the wife and how things are going right now I am probably just jacking off but if my situation changes I might not be.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links