Blinkers not blinking. - Page 4
Close

Blinkers not blinking.

This is a discussion on Blinkers not blinking. within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I just got new indicators off e-bay. They're from drag specialties. But here's my problem... Similar to LED's they don't draw enough power to make ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I just got new indicators off e-bay.

They're from drag specialties.

But here's my problem... Similar to LED's they don't draw enough power to make them cancel.

Has anyone else on here used them successfully?

I was wondering if there was simply a higher-load bulb I could sick in there to get it to work? Or a really cheap solution to my problem? The stock indicators work just fine (i.e. the relay).

I was told that I could use a trailer adaptor for a car to get the indicators to work as brake lights... Would that also work to increase the load?

I love the look of these indicaitors and I just want to make em work... on a budget.

- Thanks

Hey By'

don't know the particulars of your situation but a relay requiring a lighter load may be available through your local napa/pepboys/autozone retailer. bring in what you have and ask a few questions. some of these counter guys are pretty smart.
    parks

JB
    gots meself some LEDs on the fauxcati and i just installed 2 load resistors to make 'em work. got them from egay but these are good too: http://www.eautoworks.com/html/produ...33226&reff=SMX
    or you can just get similar to this or whatever. the "other" "easy" way is to use a relay with a lower amperage requirement (i think most are 30amps or something) but for me, since i have regular bulbs in the back, i used the resisors.

CB650, FauxCatiFT500

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Yeah the new indicators aren't LED, just a much smaller bulb.
    Think this would work?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/3-pin-Electronic-...QQcmdZViewItem

Hey By'

Edited by - ease on Apr 18 2007 4:28:23 PM

Hope it does... Just ordered it!
    I'd say 10 bucks is worth a try hey?
    I hate waiting for shipping though.

Hey By'

JB
    haha, you said "hey" you really are canadian!

yeah, it should work. 0.02-20 sounds good..... you could have just gone down your local parts store, they tend to have these in stock often because newer cars have low amperage bulbs often for turns. still, i think you got a good monetary deal with egay, that is if you are able to withstand the wait!

CB650, FauxCatiFT500

quote:
    haha, you said "hey" you really are canadian!

yeah, it should work. 0.02-20 sounds good..... you could have just gone down your local parts store, they tend to have these in stock often because newer cars have low amperage bulbs often for turns. still, i think you got a good monetary deal with egay, that is if you are able to withstand the wait!

CB650, FauxCatiFT500
    Well a true Canadian would have said, "Eh?"
    Hah, I'm from Newfoundland - We have our own way of speech by'.
    (See my signature... "Hey By'")

I checked around a few places today and noone knew what I was talking about... plus the minute I said "motorcycle" they rolled their eyes.

10 bucks seemed like good deal... Plus I bought 2 LED bulbs for the taillights for 5 bucks each (I have 2 different seats with 2 different taillights on this bike) from the same seller - saved on shipping.

P.S. Waiting Sucks

Hey By'

Number one rule when working on anything your modifing and looking for a part at Autoparts stores and hardware stores dont tell them what its for until after a while you can tell he is interested in what your doing and needs to know to work with you.Because every one else will do that eye rolling back thing or the more fustrating one is he looks at the part like he knows what he is doing,then puts it immediately down on the counter and says no we have nothing like that.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links