mods to a CB350
Close

mods to a CB350

This is a discussion on mods to a CB350 within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hi all, Just bought a 72 CB 350 before winter, and managed to get one ride in on it. Already I'd like to do some ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mods to a CB350

mods to a CB350

Hi all,

Just bought a 72 CB 350 before winter, and managed to get one ride in on it. Already I'd like to do some changes, and am looking for advice on clip ons. What are some period vendors? Anybody have some for sale? What else to consider before just going ahead with this? Are controls bolt-on as well?

Thanks!

cheers,
    dave

is it a 2 or 4 cyl??

jc

oh, duh, a 72, probably a 2 cyl. huh?? try pro-flo.com for the clips, cheapest and best around and they show great. which controls?? the brake/clutch levers will go right on. the throttle (?) has a locating pin that needs to be shaved off. all the wires hang outside and look ugly. get rid of everything you dont need. check out the posts on the tech forum. we actually just talked all about this. there is a ton of shit you can do to the 2 cyl and really make it handle awesome and go fast. (you can even make it stop good too!!!) i race a cb350/2 and aaron has a 350/4 and so does jeremy for race.

jc

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Hey thanks for the site JC - some cool clip-ons there. A bit pricey, especially since I'm in Canada ($1US = $1.6Cdn). Gives me some ideas though!

As for the tech forum, I only see one thread - can you point me in the right direction to the 'tons of shit you can do'?

thanks,
    dave

Portland, Oregon. (But not the hipster douchebag part of town.)
    Dave,
    There is a compiled list of CB350 mods at www.eurospares.com Many CB350 racers contributed suggested upgrades and modifications complete with 'how toos' and supplier lists. While some mods. are only for racing applications, many will be worthwhile for a Cafe street bike. From the Euro Spares opening page click on 'Other Topics'
    and then on the 'FAQ for setting up the CB350'
    Cheers, Bret @ Glass from the Past

the eurospares site is a good one. i'll see if i can find the threads we did on the clipons and rearsets. you could try british cycle supply. they are canadian. although i dont know how much crosses over. i dont know what size my triumph fork tubes are or for that matter what any of them are. i'll ask around this weekend while im up in vermont. megacycle has a few different cams available. sudco sells mikunis for them. the front ends are easily swapable with cb500, 550, or 750's one of the toughparts is finding a good pipe for it though. chances are, you'll have to have one made or madded for it. sometimes on ebay they pop up.

lessee.................the other threads.

jc

its too late to look around. its here though, somewhere. above the text window you read, there is a scroller that says show topics....pick the show all topics. you'll see a bunch more topics show up. good luck and later all.

jc

Bret good to see on the board. I finally got around to posting some race pics... I'm only about a year behind. Are you going to any of the events in Florida?

Aaron

72cb350 - Theres all kinds of clip ons on ebay right now. What size do you need? Are those around 33mm?

Aaron

Thanks for the sites and tips guys! Some pretty good info.

Aaron - I'll have to get back to you on the size - stock as far as I know, but I'll go measure them tomorrow. I remember seeing one set on ebay, from the 70's too - brand name started with an 'H'...

cheers,
    dave

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links