First project: 1972 Honda CB500-F. - Page 2
Close

First project: 1972 Honda CB500-F.

This is a discussion on First project: 1972 Honda CB500-F. within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by hillsy Where do you guys find all these tidy old bikes? Something in that condition in Australia would fetch well over $5000. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First project: 1972 Honda CB500-F.

Quote Originally Posted by hillsy View Post
    Where do you guys find all these tidy old bikes? Something in that condition in Australia would fetch well over $5000.

Oh yeah - and I agree with the crowd - do not cut/fuck it up.
    Pouring through TONS of classifieds and Craigslist ads. I picked it up for $1500. I passed up a 350t to get this one..the asking price for the 350 was $500 because he didn't have a title, but the bike was in pretty decent shape. Here's a photo:Attachment 2575

No title makes a bike almost worthless in some areas
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    I googled it... and came up with this sad bike:

Honda CB450 Cafe Racer*|*Moto Rivista

Put the bars back on and ride it. Your bike is twice as nice as "joe's" turd. If you do anything like that to your nice bike, please punch yourself in the dick.

your welcome
    Haha, I guess beauty is relative. I still haven't started anything major yet, so I have some time to decide what direction to take it in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteSamoan View Post
    Haha, I guess beauty is relative. I still haven't started anything major yet, so I have some time to decide what direction to take it in.
    Tough crowd around here White Samoan. Don't reveal too much too fast or they'll have you crying in your shower.

Quote Originally Posted by ffarl View Post
    Tough crowd around here White Samoan. Don't reveal too much too fast or they'll have you crying in your shower.
    Or do reveal everything so we can guide you away from doing something wrong, stupid, dangerous, or just plain douchie so that you don't kill yourself or reduce the functionality and value to near zero. Your choice.

I seldom get involved in trying to tell someone what direction to go with their motorcycle since they may do something positive. But in this case with the condition it appears to be in I'd suggest keeping it a stock representation of a nice motorcycle.
    ed

That "joe" cb450 is way better then that fucking piece of ship applebottom or what ever....
    that dick bag get the bike running or now that its made the rounds of blogs they scrapped it?
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

The 500 you have is the exact copy of one I purchased new back in 1972. My self and two other buddies purchased the exact same bike at the same time. My buddies and I had many adventures with those 500's. I ended up selling the bike when I got an assignment overseas - that was a sad day.. I'd keep the current paint scheme as it is on of the best color combos to come out of Japan. I swear the Japanese have some strange color ideas...
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

I have somewhat of a picture in mind, and I know what I want aesthetically out of this bike. I think we all have our own take on what a good bike looks like, and I think we all have some measure of respect for keeping these beautiful machines as original as possible. This being my first project bike, I'm going to need everyone's help/advice on the details and mechanical/bodywork techniques, and I'll do my best to come out with a CB500 cafe racer that ties British attitude of the Cafe era to good ole Japanese ingenuity

Quote Originally Posted by bmartin View Post
    The 500 you have is the exact copy of one I purchased new back in 1972. My self and two other buddies purchased the exact same bike at the same time. My buddies and I had many adventures with those 500's. I ended up selling the bike when I got an assignment overseas - that was a sad day.. I'd keep the current paint scheme as it is on of the best color combos to come out of Japan. I swear the Japanese have some strange color ideas...
    I wish I had a time machine...I heard they sold for somewhere around $1,600-$1,800 MSRP? And I definitely love the sunrise orange/gold paint. I plan to repaint it because there is a little sun damage and streaks from gas overspills, so I hope the original paint is still out there and its not too expensive!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links