Some Photoshop Work I have done - Page 2
Close

Some Photoshop Work I have done

This is a discussion on Some Photoshop Work I have done within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; i'm just wondering why he put a honda wing on a kawasaki. fuggin' new guys.....sheesh!...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Some Photoshop Work I have done

i'm just wondering why he put a honda wing on a kawasaki.

fuggin' new guys.....sheesh!
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    Does this count as spam?

As for the photoshop skills.....meh.
    Since he's not trying to charge for it (that I can tell) it's not spam, yet. Also, his username follows my personal formula for success on this forum, so I'm gonna let this ride.

it's ok. I doubt we will ever hear from him again.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Yeah it is, but I didn't see where he actually said he was charging for his service. I assume he is, but he didn't outright state it. I wouldn't pay him money for it and given the examples provided I would consider anybody who did a sucker based on the artifacts visible in the pics alone (neither of those pics are suitable for framing).

the part that bugs me the most: "if you are about to purchase a bike but don't know if it would make a good cafe racer"

really? Because a picture is supposed to help with that? Because as we all know this is exactly like choppers and a good cafe racer is based solely on how it looks curbside (<------sarcasm). This is a Stupid and mastabatory waste of everyone's time, energy, and possibly money. This is one business model where I don't see it having any real value to the customer, even if you knew what you were doing.

Cafe kid: here is your report card.

you get an F for execution. Why? Clearly this isn't your best work. If it is....well...then I'm sorry but you need to get better. But even still you failed the first old school principal: always lead with your best work.

You get a c- for business plan. I don't see your renderings actually having any value to anyone except other people who also don't know shit about bikes and just need personal bike port to fap to.

you get a c- for or knowing your marketplace. Look at what other people are doing with cars, it is a product based service. Nobody should hire you for your photoshop services (ESP after that work) but even with your personalized service the end result should be a framed large print, a desktop, digital copies at various angles and backdrops.
    I apologize that my post offended you but to be totally honest it is the only way for me to get close to making a cafe racer. I am not charging anyone either, I just do it for fun and for a hobby and I plan on staying on this forum because it is badass, I am not a scammer. This is my first post and I dont fully understand the forum rules so I apologize if I crossed any lines, but I do not believe I have.

Nice. Legit, free photoshopping sounds like a pretty nice thing to offer. Some of the guys on the forum get a little uptight. Loosen up man lol. It's the internet...
    cafekid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cafekid View Post
    I apologize that my post offended you but to be totally honest it is the only way for me to get close to making a cafe racer. I am not charging anyone either, I just do it for fun and for a hobby and I plan on staying on this forum because it is badass, I am not a scammer. This is my first post and I dont fully understand the forum rules so I apologize if I crossed any lines, but I do not believe I have.
    I don't think there is any need to apologize for anything. I just think you need an education on what is really going on in the hobby to fully understand why your "photoshop" work is a wasted effort.

you are going to have to explain this though:
    it is the only way for me to get close to making a cafe racer
    so let's talk about bikes in general.....

I don't know what you "think" a cafe racer is but it isn't a "style". It is more like a genre. Unlike choppers, these bikes are more defined by their functionality and use than their "look". So any visual representation of a bike isn't going to do a whole lot of good for someone building a project. This isn't like cars where a rendering can actually help because of the massive amount of bodywork - there isn't a lot of bodywork on a bike.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by randysway223 View Post
    Nice. Legit, free photoshopping sounds like a pretty nice thing to offer. Some of the guys on the forum get a little uptight. Loosen up man lol. It's the internet...
    it's only a pretty nice offer if it had any value. It's a lot of effort on the part of the producer without credit, and it is almost useless to the recipient. If he want's to waste his time he can go ahead but he won't learn anything of value, the "art" won't be anything of value other than to fap to on forums, and honestly the whole things smells like just a bike jerk off. So why not steer in a different direction where his effort might be of some use.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

cafe kid. Look at guys like Chip Foose, Kris Horton, carter hickman, and even Trosley. Those are guys who do renderings that actually have value (not monetary value but they have that too, I mean they contribute to the project planning). then look at your shit. See the difference?
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

cafe kid. Look at guys like Chip Foose, Kris Horton, carter hickman, and even Trosley. Those are guys who do renderings that actually have value (not monetary value but they have that too, I mean they contribute to the project planning). then look at your shit. See the difference?
    If I asked Cafekid to PS a certain bike I was building, in specific colors with specific parts, etc. it would be nice to see how it might look before it is in steel and fiberglass. Much less costly to change ones mind when it is still just an illustration. Most people DO care what the finished bike looks like and there are
    a lot of ways to arrive at the same function with some being more or less aesthetically pleasing. I say it has PS has value and can be a nice planing tool for
    a project bike.

If you can't figure out what something would like like without the aid of PS you should either not be working in custom bikes or you have zero imagination and still should find a new hobby.

How much of a pussy do you have to be that you wouldn't try a seat out?
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links