Some Photoshop Work I have done - Page 3
Close

Some Photoshop Work I have done

This is a discussion on Some Photoshop Work I have done within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by jaguar If you can't figure out what something would like like without the aid of PS you should either not be working ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Some Photoshop Work I have done

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
    If you can't figure out what something would like like without the aid of PS you should either not be working in custom bikes or you have zero imagination and still should find a new hobby.

How much of a pussy do you have to be that you wouldn't try a seat out?
    You tell me, seems to fit you. I wouldn't want to PURCHASE a seat to TRY if i didn't feel pretty good
    about how it might look on my bike.
    I have great ability to visualize but not everyone does and if they want to build a bike they should have at it. They don't need your approval. I often make sketches or full on drawings. Photoshop is a tool, very useful tool
    Last edited by drgonzo; 07-09-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Don't need my approval.
    but they are looking for approval by endlessly posting "idea" pictures on the web....
    just jerking off in photo shop rather then getting off the computer and in the shop to work.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Don't need my approval.
    but they are looking for approval by endlessly posting "idea" pictures on the web....
    just jerking off in photo shop rather then getting off the computer and in the shop to work.
    So WTF are you doing on here? Seem like it's little more than jerking off in this post. The guy offered to do some free photoshop work for anyone that wanted it and leave it to some of you to find fault in that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Me?
    I'm here for the pie.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Me?
    I'm here for the pie.
    lol, you made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
    If I asked Cafekid to PS a certain bike I was building, in specific colors with specific parts, etc. it would be nice to see how it might look before it is in steel and fiberglass. Much less costly to change ones mind when it is still just an illustration. Most people DO care what the finished bike looks like and there are
    a lot of ways to arrive at the same function with some being more or less aesthetically pleasing. I say it has PS has value and can be a nice planing tool for
    a project bike.

let me stop you right there because right away those are all things beyond his demonstrated ability. A real rendering, one that would be marginally helpful at least for anything other than color scheme, would be two to three views - at least one front and one rear 3/4 view - and would be actually of the bike you are working on (also it wouldn't be on the stand). Even then it is at most a design study, and often they are highly stylized and the finished execution is compromised.

What cafe kid can do is just hack a picture up using photoshop. that is useless to anybody, esp given how crude it is. On cars a lot of the mechanical bits are hidden, meaning you can figure out any number of ways to get a result. On a bike, nothing is hidden, meaning you have to illustrate how you are going to functionally solve a problem. Cutting a gluing pictures together isn't going to do that, and in fact may lead you to things that are not only beyond your ability, but beyond physics. But who cares they look cool, right?

There are three uses I can think of for renderings:

1) Selling the project. Often shops pitching high dollar projects will do stylized renderings to help them sell the project to a customer. Often these are pen/pencil color drawings and highly stylized. The focus is on the highlighted mods and color schemes rather than functional and will serve as a roadmap to the finishing crew (painter, upolsterer, etc) to keep things roughly about the same theme. See the example below:

2) the "guideline" and Press reference. Sometimes, if a particualr shop is getting a lot of press about a project they may have a rendering done to use as a press photo. These can be the highly stylized like above, or 3d renderd models since they impart more realisim. Depending on the shop and the rendering they may use the image as a way to expirement with functional things like stance, wheel and tire combos, or even unique tech. See example below:

3) just good looking artwork. The guys who do renderings are car and bike guys....but they are also artists. and sometimes they just like to make pretty things that make people happy while showing off their design prowess. sometimes these things lead to awesomeness like the new camaro, or a cool headlight feature on a mini cooper, and sometimes it is just too prove the popularity or a concept and look awesome doing it. see examples below:

you know what you don't see in any of these scenarios? shitty photoshop jobs. know why? because they aren't useful.

and just so you think there aren't guys doing this for motorcycles:

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

We don't all have the time of ability to do those. A lot of us can't afford to have them done but I can make a sketch of my bike and try several seats, exhaust, bars, etc. and get use of it to make a choice. One doesn't have to have an artist's rendering to visualize, but a nice sketch or photoCHOP will do. You would do well not to assume I am not aware of these types of drawings and their intent and usefulness.
    I do like that '64 Plymouth.
    Last edited by drgonzo; 07-09-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    cafekid likes this.

clearly you can't read either.

one of the things I point out is that even the high dollar renderings are pretty limited in what they can do for the finished project. What I was illustrating was OTHER usefulness of these rendetrings that a photochop lacks. you know the real value.

Forgive me for expecitng you to be smart enough to get my point, next time I'll just use monosyllabic words to hit you over the head with it.

- - - Updated - - -

and if you think a rendering has "any" value beyond being merely notes....you really have no fucking clue what you are doing.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    I don't think there is any need to apologize for anything. I just think you need an education on what is really going on in the hobby to fully understand why your "photoshop" work is a wasted effort.

you are going to have to explain this though:

so let's talk about bikes in general.....

I don't know what you "think" a cafe racer is but it isn't a "style". It is more like a genre. Unlike choppers, these bikes are more defined by their functionality and use than their "look". So any visual representation of a bike isn't going to do a whole lot of good for someone building a project. This isn't like cars where a rendering can actually help because of the massive amount of bodywork - there isn't a lot of bodywork on a bike.

Genre:a category of artistic, musical, or literary composition characterized by a particular style, form, or content.
    cafekid likes this.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

The kid posted was only slightly better then using MS paint and only proves he has used PS for a few min.

hand drawings would be better then what this kid is offering.
    what we are saying is that he and his "skills" are useless to anyone that has a mild sense of what they are doing.

also is this gonzo guy the one that needed a list of platforms to help him with his masterpiece?
    i drink alot so I forget
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links