Some Photoshop Work I have done - Page 6
Close

Some Photoshop Work I have done

This is a discussion on Some Photoshop Work I have done within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Adam Boca Nah, I don't think you are coming across as an elitist.....In my business you have stock (100% correct) Corvettes and ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Some Photoshop Work I have done

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Boca View Post
    Nah, I don't think you are coming across as an elitist.....In my business you have stock (100% correct) Corvettes and then have modified Corvettes.....Typically these two groups are polar opposites, and it appears much the same here.....nothing wrong with either in my eyes....
    The scenario here is more like :
    stock motorcycle
    improved motorcycle
    messed up motorcycle aka the hipster bike
    What do you call the guy that messed up a Corvette in his attempt to modify it into something else ?

Quote Originally Posted by TCed View Post
    I'd hang around a little longer. Geeto comes on as a pompous dick ( after all he's a layer I think ) but then goes into his soft cuddly teddy bear mode and overloads you with good advice. Sometimes Jaguar will follow his mentor with ego swapping critiques.
    ed
    A Freudian slip. I wanted to say lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by cafekid View Post
    Im sorry man but im just 17...a kid who likes the (style) that cafe racers give off. I dont like to haggle over the internet but unlike you I have a life outside this forum and for you to bash me for trying to do something I love and even help other forum users is insulting. This is the last post im making because to be honest I dont need this and your right I should be in the garage working on a bike but unfortunately it is not that easy. It kills me to have to leave a forum like this because some arrogant prick like you needs to tear me apart before I can even get started. Also a rendering and a photoshop edit is two completely different things haha. Im kinda dissapointed that they allow you to bash on new guys like the way you did....someone needs to put a leash on your punk ass.

leave don't leave I don't really care. When I was 17 I thought all sorts of things I did were cool but in reality I was just wasting my time, hormones are a motherfucker and they don't always lead to the best judgement.

If there s one take away from any of my posts you probably DIDN'T get but I was leading up to was: fuck the photoshop bullshit MAKE REAL ART.

Like every 17 year old you THINK you know the right way or some half baked idea is gonna work. I'm telling you it isn't going to help the people you think it will and it isn't going to give you the experiences you want.

You want a real skill that will actually put you around the people you want to be around and give you great experience? Learn to pinstripe. The buy in is cheap, and you will actually be appreciated for your flaws instead of the computer work where the expectation for perfection is pretty high.

Nobody is saying you can't still photoshop shit in your home for yourself if you really love it that much. I still do it. I am not some asshat who hasn't been down this road, I used to teach classes on photoshop in the 1990s and thought I could make my living doing retouching for magazines by doing as much work as I could. You know what? Even if your work is stellar there are only two types of people who really get any personal satisfaction out of it : those who go to very fancy art schools and commit their lives to it, and those who make real art. Anybody who just blindly encourages your photoshop skills hasn't been down that road and doesn't know what they are talking about.

One last thing. At 17 don't have such a fragile ego that a bunch of dicks on an interme forum can break it. Some of the best lessons I ever learned were from guys with experience "straightening" me out after I hoisted myself on my own petard.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Couple thoughts from another noob.........

1: You have to start somewhere. While you photoshop is ok, it isnt great.....BUT Chip Foose or others didn't start with perfection. Your talent will grow.....Keep up the work, and don't let these forum's discourage you.
    adam, photoshop is a dead end if all you are using it for is this. It isn't real art and the skills involved are two basic to be worth anything. When a real artist makes real art photoshop becomes nothing more than a tool, like a really good set of markers, but it isn't a magic box that substitutes talent. NOBODY will consider what he was doing as art.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

By the way..... Since someone brought up the lawyer thing.....maybe we should have that conversation on why he may not even be permitted to do this work legally and why. I mean, he isn't using his own work to start - he's stealing pics off the Internet and therefore trampling upon someone else's copyright.

Realistically, because he is a kid, presumably in school, and he isn't charging money he probably fits nicely into the fair use exemptions. That doesn't mean the original copyright holders won't send him threatening letters, the might, it just means those letters won't have any teeth. But what happens when he wants to charge for his work? Well in that case he will either have to pay a licensing fee (assuming the artist is willing to license) or take his own photographs.

If you are taking your own photographs and retouching them.....then you are MAKING REAL ART.....which is the same conclusion I was leading to in the first place.

So.....what was said about encouragement before?
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Why cant this site be about the hipsters too? Maybe this "encouragement" you speak of?
    any hipster ive ever seen/met. is at least 2 out of 3 - dirty/smelly, lazy and cheap.
    I like my shocks like I like my women. Cheap and Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkchecken View Post
    any hipster ive ever seen/met. is at least 2 out of 3 - dirty/smelly, lazy and cheap.
    Dirty, smelly and cheap... Sure. But to really fuck up a bike takes work. And come to think of it they ususally spend more money then intended, so cheap is a PERCEIVED view of themselves. But Dirty and Smelly.... ok

Cool! ---RIP

It's really easy to spend like the 15th when you think you are saving money and don't look at the receipts.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links