Cafe Racer Forum banner

Entry level mods.

5K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  o1marc 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Really? It made sense to me.
Somebody should also post a link to the other seminal CB550 article from that era, "The Mantlepiece".

#8 ·
Guess I should have ended my statement with ",to me"
i see the gentleman's express as a complete package and not doing some of the mods would ruin it.
kinda like the finished product is greater then the sum of its parts.

i am all for a list, got the muppet doctors attention now, of real inspirational builds or well sorted packages of mods.
on sohc4 there are a few threads like that. Mostly written by Hondaman(mark).
much better to turn to something like that then the latest none running hipster bait from pipeburn.

#14 ·
Clymer manuals used to have a section on beginner mods for the bikes covered in the manual. They stopped doing it because the newbies reading it usually ended up ruining their bikes and complaining about it.

#20 ·
damn, all we had was playing cards and clothes pins for sounds of power!!...anything heavyer we used for good sounds destroyed spokes!!

true on the clymer mods ..
the the early yg1 manual has some cool mods just for that model, thou they did warn you off to attempt them ,unless you understood what you were doing.

Bet alot of early stuff ended up being redone as they ran like crap because of those hop-ups!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.