Andrea Antonelli Killed in WSBK this weekend
Close

This is a discussion on Andrea Antonelli Killed in WSBK this weekend within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Just saw the video where Andrea was killed in race 2 in Russia this weekend in the rain....

Just saw the video where Andrea was killed in race 2 in Russia this weekend in the rain.

www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

how does the mid pack even see thru the visor in that mist...ugh
    Internet arguments are like the special olympics. If you win you're still retarded

That's not even the worst view. There is a fan's cell phone video that's horrific!!! It was taken off youtube.

WSBK in Moscow, this year was an abomination. The 1st race was run under the new "flag to flag" rules..(Thank you Carmello Espleta and DORNA).. and was horribly dangerous changing conditions. Then the WSS race ended in tragedy...but the red flags didn't come out until the pack made it back to the accident scene!

I really hope they reconsider the rain rules after this. The whole flag to flag thing is to avoid rain delays, but during the SBK race half the track was wet and the other half was dry, so everyone was out on slicks, then 5 laps from the end, the rain finally unloaded and they finally came in for rain tires.....only 10 riders finished!!! It was an absolute crash fest. The rain was so bad by the time the Supersport race came up, that it should have been postponed....but we can't do that because of TV ratings!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

They can't. God knows how many other riders hit him after he went down because they couldn't see him. Can't really tell from the vid what happened other than seeing go down.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Here's the cell phone view...watch at your own risk:
    Last edited by 8ball; 07-26-2013 at 10:02 PM.

I had a suspicion that he may have been hit by other riders and that was probably what killed him. Just going down is usually a walk away affair.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

With all the advancements in protective gear, air fencing, run off room, gravel traps, etc. the only scenario they haven't been able to diminish is a fallen rider being hit by another rider. All of the recent fatalities on track (professional short circuit level, at any rate) have been this type of incident. Isle of Man and other real roads races are another story all together. They still contend with solid walls like racers before the 70's did.

Sponsored Links