Your Too Black -
Close

Your Too Black -

This is a discussion on Your Too Black - within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; At lunch I took my MC down to the local bank and while I was pulling into the parking lot (very slowly I might add) ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Your Too Black -

Your Too Black -

At lunch I took my MC down to the local bank and while I was pulling into the parking lot (very slowly I might add) an old guy in a car almost ran me over. I pulled up to his driver's window and asked (very politely) to watch out for motorcycles. Mind you this is a very busy parking lot as it is a strip mall parking lot and every time I pull into this lot I am on extra guard.

The part of this guy almost running me over was not that surprising but his response to me was very though provoking - his response was "Sorry I didn't see you - your too black..." Even tho I had my head light on - (mandatory in NY) - checking out my self, I'm riding a black bike with blue jeans and a black leather jacket and a black and grey helmet...

I started to think he might have something there - could the color black be the urban camouflage that stops car drivers from seeing someone coming on a motorcycle? I know it's a poor excuse but short of having a rotating orange light mounted on top of the helmet, I'm thinking riders may want to take extra care depending on the color of their ride and clothing and how it blends in with the surrounding area.
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

Ever seen a black fire truck?

Well, Yes I have seen a black fire truck ,on GEARS tv show about two weeks ago. Not that it makes sense or I thought it was cool,it's just that you asked.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    Well, Yes I have seen a black fire truck ,on GEARS tv show about two weeks ago. Not that it makes sense or I thought it was cool,it's just that you asked.
    Well by GOD.

Hey Did you know its shark week on NAT/GEO?

Do you think its wise that most surfers/divers dress in black wet suits AND that seals, which are a sharks favorite food are also almost all black in color ???

People just dont see black as there isnt enough contrast..and sharks, they just love black...lol

I know.. off on a tangent but cars VS.bikes, sharks VS. seals somehow relate in this case....get some color!!!
    Last edited by Tonnystark; 08-05-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    78' SR500
    64' YG1S
    15' XT250

I have to believe that breaking the colors up would help with bike ( both motorcycle and bicycle) riders awareness. Never understood the I'm a individual on my Harley but I'll wear all black because (insert answer here mentality. Sadly a auto driver texting or dialing or updating his GPS destination would probably run over someone wearing red leathers on a lime green Kawasaki with a blue rotating beacon.
    ed

Quote Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
    Ever seen a black fire truck?
    This is a poor analogy. Fire trucks are usually red. red vehicles are involved in more accidents than any other color. Yellow is the safest and most visible color for a vehicle and are involved in the fewest accidents.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    .... red vehicles are involved in more accidents than any other color. Yellow is the safest and most visible color for a vehicle and are involved in the fewest accidents.
    Do the statistics regarding red vehicles and accidents have less to do with visibility.... and more to do with the personality trait of red car owners? ( Are red car owners really the aggressive type A assholes people think they are? ) I would like to see the stat narrowed from "involved in" accidents to colors of cars that are ran into most/ least often. ( yes, would guess yellow is least )

I have been hit on a bright red bike in red white and blue leathers also hit on a white and blue bike wearing a white, neon orange, and purple jacket. I suspect I was not seen due to my blue helmet. Attachment 3060

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    I wear yellow and black - best of both worlds.
    Anything yellow/black in nature means danger, maybe people are 'designed' to see it?
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links