deer hunting season - Page 2
Close

deer hunting season

This is a discussion on deer hunting season within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; The company I used for my work is called Frame Straight - web site Motorcycle Rim repair,Motorcycle Wheel repair,truing,rim straightening,Wheel Repair and Wheel Straightening for ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The company I used for my work is called Frame Straight - web site Motorcycle Rim repair,Motorcycle Wheel repair,truing,rim straightening,Wheel Repair and Wheel Straightening for Motorcycles,Most accurate repair in the world - telephone number 800-846-1306. They did an excellent job with my front forks for a little more than $100.00. They can also straighten out mc frames. They are located in Kentucky (if I recall correctly). I can imagine you got thrown over the handle bars and the bike did a few endos. I had the same though after I landed - "What happen to the bike..."

w.FrameStraightsystem.com
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

Shit!!!! Finally got a window of opportunity in the shop and started assessing the damage to the Commando. Bloody frame is slightly bent at the headstock, hard to believe the damage that running into 100lbs of meat can do...well I guess that means I'll be spending the rest of the week stripping the bike down to its bare bones. I should be able to get it back to rights myself, but if I can't I will seriously consider using that contact above, thanks Bob!
    I guess I should consider it a chance to renew the whole chassis, isolsatics and all. At least it doesn't need any engine or transmission work.
    My left leg is almost mended, still some trouble with the kneecap and range of motion, but that will come in time...I hope! F---ing deer!
    Last edited by goldy; 11-04-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    “And this you can know – fear the time when Manself will not suffer and die for a concept, for this one quality is the foundation of Manself, and this one quality is man, distinctive in the universe.”
    John Steinbeck

I hit a deer almost one year to the date on my ZX14. 60 mph it ran right into the side of my bike under the right handlebar. I thankfully didnt go down, the side impact broke the bead on the tire and flattened it instantly. He did $6k worth of damage. Got it all put back together and the second time out I hit another deer at 30 mph. Luckily it wasnt as bad, I clipped her and sent her sliding down the road.

This morning I had another run in and locked it up and slid a good 15-20 yards just missing the deer. Its time they up the bag limit around here.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Damn! Glad you're okay. I'm surprised it killed the deer, actually... in both of the deer-related accidents I've been in the fucker just bounced off the car and ran off in to the woods. Way more damage to the car than the deer, in any case.

-Deek

I don't know the formula but what does a 100lbs weigh at 60mph. I was doing around 35mph in my S10 pick up when a deer ran into the side of me (he hit me, I didn't hit him), totaled the truck, moved the drivers door post in 1-1/2"s.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Update - about two weeks ago I hit another deer but this time while I was driving in my car. I had no damage as I took evasive action before the deer took out my driver's door and the deer ended up hitting my rear bumper. I'm still recovering from my deer/motorcycle accident from last year. Goldy - I'm not surprised you have frame damage.
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

i have taken out 14 in the past 14 years. :/ none on bikes thankfully. but the front of my jeep has to have lights falling off before i replace any sheetmetal or the header panel now. I need a bigger bumper.
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    i have taken out 14 in the past 14 years. :/ none on bikes thankfully. but the front of my jeep has to have lights falling off before i replace any sheetmetal or the header panel now. I need a bigger bumper.
    You'd think you would learned about deer whistles by now.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

yeah those got broken off twice. Our deer are deaf. With the hunters from Florida making more noise in the woods with Polaris Rzrs and the stealth of a pack of wild hogs in a china shop which also side deals in used cymbals they have to be. Otherwise they (the deer) would have no sporting chance to die :P
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

I like to joke that i am into extreme big bore hunting. When asked I say I shoot about a 28 million grain flatnose projectile at 88 feet per second.
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links