deer hunting season - Page 3
Close

deer hunting season

This is a discussion on deer hunting season within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; yeah but do you eat the deer? Last week I saw a couple of guys cutting the head off a 10pt piece of road kill. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    yeah but do you eat the deer?

Last week I saw a couple of guys cutting the head off a 10pt piece of road kill. I know they didn't hit it because that deer was there for 2 days before we saw this. Wife was with me, made for an awesome panic attack. I do confess that since that day I have noticed I have started to count the points on the antlers of all roadkill deer I see here now.

I swear I see more dead deer on the side of the road here than I have ever seen alive in my life. Most are limp piles but the one I saw that looked like a semi hit it - deer-splosion!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Not really. I would if enough was saveable. Usually when i hit them the Jeep shreds it because it goes underneath and i have gore on everything hot or rotating. Hit one in my Cutlass a few years ago. broke its back and i turned around and went back because i knew it wasn't dead from the hit and could see it in the ditch flailing. Was gonna have to 9mm it to the skull but a couple of hunters came along and took it to the processing place up the road after dispatching it.
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

You do realize that this thread is going to cause the price of Commandos to rocket don't you? Hunters are going to now figure they can save a lot of money on all the hunting gear they would have to buy compared to the cost of a Commando. Plus they wouldn't have to trudge into the woods and stalk the deer. Just ride your bike and the deer will come to you. Easy Peasy.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

what jeep are you hunting them with? I've never hit one with my wrangler, but I glanced one once with my old cherokee (I don't count it a hit - he was running alongside, knocked into the fender and then disappeared, didn't leave a scratch or dent). I know it is just a matter of time before I center punch one and I have a tube bumper with a grill hoop so I am anticipating a mess.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Lifted Cherokee The front bumper is at the perfect height to bowl them over. usually the head bashes the grill/header panel area. I have almost a 6:1 kill ratio of does to bucks though. I need to build a better bumper but I have been putting it off. I figure this year's strikes will finish off the header panel and possibly right front fender and I will build a brush guard/winch mount apparatus of deer doom. I was so pissed when a small doe took out a set of Hella 7" driving lights.
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

Deer are actually not that easy to hunt. Jeff Foxworthy has it figured out though, all they need to do is make a bullet with headlights on it and travels at 50mph.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Now that's funny...
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

My carnage from my first impact

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

Ouch!!!! Kinda reminds me of my buddy's Triumph Daytona; he has hit two deer in the past three years with that bike...he managed to ride through the last one at 120kph, nearly tore the deer in half, the bike was a write off, but he repaired it over the winter last year and has it back on the road again hunting for its next victim.

You are right, they need to increase the bag limit...around here the deer population has skyrocketed due to hunting restrictions.
    “And this you can know – fear the time when Manself will not suffer and die for a concept, for this one quality is the foundation of Manself, and this one quality is man, distinctive in the universe.”
    John Steinbeck

You are lucky you had that big ass fairing in front of you - it looks like it took the bulk of the accident.
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links