deer hunting season
Close

deer hunting season

This is a discussion on deer hunting season within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Well, they say you can find sympathy between shit and syphilis in the dictionary and I'm not looking for any anyhow> I just thought I'd ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

deer hunting season

Well, they say you can find sympathy between shit and syphilis in the dictionary and I'm not looking for any anyhow> I just thought I'd share a not-so-excellent adventure I had yesterday morning.
    I had gotten on my favorite bike for a days riding with the vintage bike group and just after I passed Peggy's Cove, I decided to smash into a big white tail doe. Seriously, it just appeared out of nowhere and I didn't even have time to react. The locals told me there had been a bull moose in the neighbourhood the previous evening, I'm awfully glad I didn't hit that fellow!
    The results were: the deer is dead, the Commando is banged up and I think I got off with the least damage of all. Just a nasty looking hematoma on the left calf...going to have to sit around on my arse and ice it for a few days. If all goes well I should be back riding again before too long. Have to go back to the hospital today to get the leg checked out again, but so far all seems well. I'll fix up the Commando over the winter.
    For those people who like to ride in shorts, sandals and a T shirt, there's no denying that the riding gear I had on saved me a lot of pain and misery...a testimony to what wearing half decent riding gear can do for you.

I may have killed the first deer of the season

Goldy

This side of the bike doesn't loos all that bad....and the old Joe Rocket jacket may have saved me a broken shoulder.
    The first thing that went through my head when I stopped rolling was "What happened to the bike?"
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    “And this you can know – fear the time when Manself will not suffer and die for a concept, for this one quality is the foundation of Manself, and this one quality is man, distinctive in the universe.”
    John Steinbeck

Glad you made out ok! It could have been so much worse. Were you wearing leather pants too? The Norton will fix up just fine.
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

Oh yes leather chaps too...left leg all splotched up with deer shit.
    “And this you can know – fear the time when Manself will not suffer and die for a concept, for this one quality is the foundation of Manself, and this one quality is man, distinctive in the universe.”
    John Steinbeck

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

So, did you take him home and eat him?

Glad you are alright, the commando can be fixed (though at the price of norton forks I think you should just sell it to me as is).

I once hit a Moose in Canada with a '68 ford Torino. Glancing hit and one of the worst car accidents I had even been a passenger in.

Last night I was riding home and the thoughts about deer kept running through my head. It's that season.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

ah shit, poor Norton glad youre not too bad tho Goldy,
    'old hooligan...

Well, the deer was in the back of one of the locals cars before you could say Jack Robinson, but we did manage to get him to stick around until after the cops came. If he had his way he probably would have knocked me on the head, had me gutted and hanging up in his garage before noon time too. I told him a wanted a steak, but I doubt that will happen
    Another shot of my poor old baby...it will live again.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    John Steinbeck

Kind of like my deer - motorcycle accident last Nov. I've got a line on some great guys down in Kentucky that can straighten out those forks for you. You got off real lucky.
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

technically speaking that deer belonged to you, so if the local loaded it into his car without your permission...well...you know how deer hunters are, I don't really advise arguing with him. I hope the guy who loaded the deer at least stopped to see if you are alright.

If it were me I would have punched the dead deer square in the face. Then told the tow truck hauling my bike to haul the deer to my house (or the local butcher) and then I would have eaten the hell out of that deer. Every bite. Probably saying fuck you deer each time I cooked and cut a piece.

Let's hope the frame isn't bent. Hopefully you have good classice bike insurance coverage for it.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

you're a very lucky guy.

Did some serious fork modification. Sorry to hear that happened. I got hit by a 100lb button buck a few years back in my Chevy S10 pick up. He tried to clear a 2 lane road in a single leap and hit me in the side breaking the windshield, hitting me in the face (thank God my side window was down) causing me to knock the rearview mirror off the windshield and ripping open the headliner, pushed the door post in 1-1/2" (totaling the truck), breaking out the extended cab window and then 2 big dents in the side of the bed. In all the wrecks I had been in in my 20 years racing stock cars, none of them knocked the crap out of me like that wreck did, so I know how you feel. Get well soon.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links