Range Rover runs over NYC bikers - Page 2
Close

Range Rover runs over NYC bikers

This is a discussion on Range Rover runs over NYC bikers within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by o1marc The bike ride is now banned by police. There is no such thing in NY. There are no permits for a ...

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Range Rover runs over NYC bikers

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    The bike ride is now banned by police.
    There is no such thing in NY. There are no permits for a ride like that to begin with.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

the RR driver did exactly the right thing and that is to get the hell out of the life threatening situation, drive to the nearest police station while calling 911.
    Um....I don't think he drove to any police station and I don't think he called any police. At least all the news sources are saying he didn't. Was it smart to get out of there, yeah it was. Both groups had even reason to involve the police - why the RR didn't is beyond me. Again, The smart move would have been to just sit there and wait for the cops the first time, before it got out of hand. Don't run over any bikes, don't piss people off - you have a smart phone use it.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    Um....I don't think he drove to any police station and I don't think he called any police. At least all the news sources are saying he didn't. Was it smart to get out of there, yeah it was. Both groups had even reason to involve the police - why the RR didn't is beyond me. Again, The smart move would have been to just sit there and wait for the cops the first time, before it got out of hand. Don't run over any bikes, don't piss people off - you have a smart phone use it.
    You don't know what was being said to the driver before he left. If he thought he and his family was in danger from threats coming he did exactly the right thing by getting out of there. While it may not say he was calling the police you don't know that he wasn't. I still see this whole incidence was started by the bikers not the RR. I'm surprised this didn't escalate more and that no riders were killed.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    There is no such thing in NY. There are no permits for a ride like that to begin with.
    Correction: It said it was banned by NYC not the police.
    I'm sure they have something on the books that prevents large public gatherings without a permit.

I'm surprised you keep defending the bikers in this incidence Geeto. I don't see any of the options you say should have been done as viable in this case.
    Last edited by o1marc; 09-30-2013 at 11:41 AM.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

My understanding of the incident is that the RR driver DID pull over when he rear ended the biker. When he was pulled over, some of the bikers started smashing his car, at which point I assume he panicked and gunned it the hell out of there.
    1981 GS450E
    2001 SV650S
    Previous:
    1976 CB550/1974 CB360/1975 TX500/1974 XS400/1985 ZL900/1990 FZR600

I can well feel for the rover driver feeling scared sh**less. It's unclear if he would have stopped after the first accident if the bikers would not have kicked his ass - I'm sure that was his primary motive for leaving the scene the first time. There was no reason for the mc riders taking over the entire road - they should of had at least one lane open for cars to pass or get around the group. This whole incident could have been avoided by the motorcycle riders. I also disagree with the motorcycle guys beating on the car (and assuming kicking the guys ass) after they got him stopped.

We have all had incidents where a car either came close or directly cut us off - kicking in the car door is not the correct response - getting the license plate and reporting it would have been the correct response. That's my take..
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

Bikers caused the issue, no way around it.
    Pluto likes this.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Correction: It said it was banned by NYC not the police.
    I'm sure they have something on the books that prevents large public gatherings without a permit.

I'm surprised you keep defending the bikers in this incidence Geeto. I don't see any of the options you say should have been done as viable in this case.

I'm not defending the bikers. I think everybody here acted poorly. I fully agree the dipshit bikers started whatever "it" was. Again - just call cops, wait, and they sort it out. I'm sure if we wait this out there will be more details that come forward.

NYC banning something is something the city says when they want to make people feel at ease - there isn't any real legal ground to ban a ride like that, I don't think rides like that are legal to being with. "Banning" is NYC speak for "More motorcycle checkpoints".
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

I think it's putting to much faith in the LEOs to just wait on the side of the road.
    The pack was getting more and mo restless after the film starts, that's why the RR left.

Normally yes, the two people involved in the MVA should stop and wait for the LEO.
    But when a pack of animals feels they each have been offended and the need to avenge the wrong it all goes down hill.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

from what I saw the "pack" kept riding after the first MVA. Most of them didn't know what was going on or didn't look like they wanted to get caught up in nonsense. Nothing gives them a cohesive mission and a taste for blood like running over a motorcycle.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links