Range Rover runs over NYC bikers - Page 3
Close

Range Rover runs over NYC bikers

This is a discussion on Range Rover runs over NYC bikers within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Shades of Road Warrior....

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Range Rover runs over NYC bikers

Shades of Road Warrior.

Blame or not. Fines or not. We'll probably see more GoPros used, more videos uploaded, and a general escalation from both sides.
    End result will NOT be more driver education for motor vehicle operators. Most likely WILL BE more scrutiny of all motorcyclists and additional laws against the motorcycling community.

Fail. Fail. And more Fail.
    Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing people out there having a good time on motorcycles. It makes me take another look. - S.M.

I dunno - a go pro can be a good thing. Remember the off duty LEO who drew his gun on a motorcyclist? Did more good than harm in that case.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I'm ignorant, what's a "LEO"
    GoPro's keep everyone honest. In this case I bet no video would have left the RR more at fault.

Googled it; Law Enforcment Officer
    Last edited by o1marc; 09-30-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

I am from a rural area. I find more use for a rock crawler bumper in the city than in the country. Even the dumbest guy can add up what will happen when that winch and brushgaurd makes contact. Of course I would also think that having different color sheetmetal on the right front would discourage guys from cutting me off and trying to make a hole in 80mph freeway traffic but I digress....

My take is the biker brake checked the range rover and got his bluff called. I would have stopped, called 911. If the bikers escalated, I would have told dispatch I was leaving due to hostility in the area. When you call its recorded from that point forward. And I would have kept a running dialog of what was happening around me. I seriously doubt you would be charged with a leaving the scene if you are telling dispatch the guy's friends are bashing my car and threatening me and my family.

The benefits of NYC or any metropolis have never outweighed the downsides (edit: FOR ME and me alone!). I refuse to go to New York as a state due to their politics (a discussion of which doesn't really have a place here IMHO so I will leave it at that). I appreciate art, fine dining, night life, and the tons of other awesome things there. But the idiot per square meter ratio is way too high. The city isn't healthy for me, and I am not healthy for it so I stay away as much as possible.
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

LEO - Law Enforcement Officer
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    LEO - Law Enforcement Officer
    Thanks, Googled it and found it and the story on the LEO pulling gun on biker.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    I refuse to go to New York as a state due to their politics (a discussion of which doesn't really have a place here IMHO so I will leave it at that)
    I know, once you get out of the city the whole state is so damn conservative it's scary!!!!!! (kidding, couldn't resist - don't raise the political discussion flag based on my joke)
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Well I dated a girl from upstate NY and she was quite nonconservative in the sack....and on the bleachers...and in the car....and on the bike.....and on the porch....and by the lake....and at my parents house with them in the next room.... Still grin thinking about her
    ffarl likes this.
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by busapilot View Post
    Blame or not. Fines or not. We'll probably see more GoPros used, more videos uploaded, and a general escalation from both sides.
    End result will NOT be more driver education for motor vehicle operators. Most likely WILL BE more scrutiny of all motorcyclists and additional laws against the motorcycling community.

Fail. Fail. And more Fail.
    I'm involved with offshore powerboats and Go Pro cameras have documented a number of incidents the past few years. One significant issue that reoccurs is the difficulty in defining separation between objects involved in the incident. The movies always make thing easy to understand due to camera placement and intended action. Real world things happen fast.
    ed

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links