Range Rover runs over NYC bikers - Page 4
Close

Range Rover runs over NYC bikers

This is a discussion on Range Rover runs over NYC bikers within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by raven I am from a rural area. I find more use for a rock crawler bumper in the city than in the ...

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Range Rover runs over NYC bikers

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    I am from a rural area. I find more use for a rock crawler bumper in the city than in the country. Even the dumbest guy can add up what will happen when that winch and brushgaurd makes contact. Of course I would also think that having different color sheetmetal on the right front would discourage guys from cutting me off and trying to make a hole in 80mph freeway traffic but I digress....

My take is the biker brake checked the range rover and got his bluff called. I would have stopped, called 911. If the bikers escalated, I would have told dispatch I was leaving due to hostility in the area. When you call its recorded from that point forward. And I would have kept a running dialog of what was happening around me. I seriously doubt you would be charged with a leaving the scene if you are telling dispatch the guy's friends are bashing my car and threatening me and my family.

The benefits of NYC or any metropolis have never outweighed the downsides (edit: FOR ME and me alone!). I refuse to go to New York as a state due to their politics (a discussion of which doesn't really have a place here IMHO so I will leave it at that). I appreciate art, fine dining, night life, and the tons of other awesome things there. But the idiot per square meter ratio is way too high. The city isn't healthy for me, and I am not healthy for it so I stay away as much as possible.

I didn't know this just happened this weekend. It is coming on my local news now.

Don't know why this is quoting Raven's reply, I clicked on reply to the thread.

Typical sensationalism news, the pre-clip is showing it as a road rage incident by the RR. They did tell more details taking some blame off the RR.
    Call me racist if you will but I just noticed most of the bikers involved were black.
    Last edited by o1marc; 09-30-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

More details have come in. One rider got a broken leg. The RR family was Asian and the driver was pulled out, beaten and cut in the face and chest with a knife. They say many of the bikes involved had no license plates and caused chaos in Time Square after arriving there where 15 of the bikers were arrested.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

they should count themselves lucky the guy in the RR hadn't watched one too many action films and realised he was driving a 4k guided missile.

on a side note. I wonder if using a range rover in self defense falls under GA's stand your ground laws?
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I am from a rural area. I find more use for a rock crawler bumper in the city than in the country. Even the dumbest guy can add up what will happen when that winch and brushgaurd makes contact. Of course I would also think that having different color sheetmetal on the right front would discourage guys from cutting me off and trying to make a hole in 80mph freeway traffic but I digress....

My take is the biker brake checked the range rover and got his bluff called. I would have stopped, called 911. If the bikers escalated, I would have told dispatch I was leaving due to hostility in the area. When you call its recorded from that point forward. And I would have kept a running dialog of what was happening around me. I seriously doubt you would be charged with a leaving the scene if you are telling dispatch the guy's friends are bashing my car and threatening me and my family.

The benefits of NYC or any metropolis have never outweighed the downsides (edit: FOR ME and me alone!). I refuse to go to New York as a state due to their politics (a discussion of which doesn't really have a place here IMHO so I will leave it at that). I appreciate art, fine dining, night life, and the tons of other awesome things there. But the idiot per square meter ratio is way too high. The city isn't healthy for me, and I am not healthy for it so I stay away as much as possible.
    they should count themselves lucky the guy in the RR hadn't watched one too many action films and realised he was driving a 4k guided missile.

on a side note. I wonder if using a range rover in self defense falls under GA's stand your ground laws?
    Are you kidding, with our gun laws it would have been a blood bath. The guy who opened the door before he drove off would have been considered a carjacking and you could shoot and kill that guy as well as the one who busted out the drivers door window. The bikers are lucky a lot more of them were not injured or killed.
    All of this because a biker got bumped by his own intentional actions.
    It'll be interesting to follow all the lawsuits that come out of this incident.
    Last edited by o1marc; 09-30-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

i dunno....i dont know many folks who drive range rovers and carry a gun. I'm sure there are exceptions....
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

i wonder if i was a carjacking of sorts until his friends ruined it. guy on bike brake checks....guy in range rover bumps th ebike. guy on bike offers to "make it go away" in exchange for cash.....
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)

Video's been removed. Shame I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    I dunno - a go pro can be a good thing. Remember the off duty LEO who drew his gun on a motorcyclist? Did more good than harm in that case.
    what good did it exactly do there. The cop didn't get charged, the owner of the gopro had his shit confiscated and bunch of other nonsense.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by kerosene View Post
    what good did it exactly do there. The cop didn't get charged, the owner of the gopro had his shit confiscated and bunch of other nonsense.
    up until this point Maryland had been using their wiretapping law to harass and arrest individuals who recorded the police during their regular course of business. After the case it was settled that NO officer has an expectation of privacy during a traffic stop - so it ended maryland's scheme of being harassing unconstitutional dickbags. The officer was suspended but was not fired and is still an active trooper today. One of the reasons I think as to why they didn't fire him was because they had just given him an award for outstanding service, and he had a complaint free record - had it been an average officer instead of maryland's "Supercop" he probably would have been fired. I hear he is running for political office now.

if you ever want to see intimidation and absolute thug behavior - go videotape an officer during a traffic stop.

this is one of my favorite websites but I caution you - if you read too much you'll end up paranoid thinking we live in a 1984 style police state:
    Photography is Not a Crime: PINAC | Photography is Not a Crime
    Last edited by Geeto67; 10-01-2013 at 05:49 AM.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Morning,

here's a quote from the stuntbutt page:

"...People become community because people like that are one in few and fuck that asshole. No forgiveness for the person. My heart pumped a thousand times faster than ever before. This video is tragic God Bless America I love you. And my heart will forever be with those riders."

I mean what the fuck... Bless 'merica all ya want but don't fuck with Quang and his Rangy.

Chris

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links