Range Rover runs over NYC bikers - Page 5
Close

Range Rover runs over NYC bikers

This is a discussion on Range Rover runs over NYC bikers within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by o1marc Typical sensationalism news, the pre-clip is showing it as a road rage incident by the RR. They did tell more details ...

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Range Rover runs over NYC bikers

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    Typical sensationalism news, the pre-clip is showing it as a road rage incident by the RR. They did tell more details taking some blame off the RR.
    Call me racist if you will but I just noticed most of the bikers involved were black.
    really? i couldnt tell, most had helmets on.
    Internet arguments are like the special olympics. If you win you're still retarded

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    I am from a rural area. I find more use for a rock crawler bumper in the city than in the country. Even the dumbest guy can add up what will happen when that winch and brushgaurd makes contact. Of course I would also think that having different color sheetmetal on the right front would discourage guys from cutting me off and trying to make a hole in 80mph freeway traffic but I digress....

My take is the biker brake checked the range rover and got his bluff called. I would have stopped, called 911. If the bikers escalated, I would have told dispatch I was leaving due to hostility in the area. When you call its recorded from that point forward. And I would have kept a running dialog of what was happening around me. I seriously doubt you would be charged with a leaving the scene if you are telling dispatch the guy's friends are bashing my car and threatening me and my family.

The benefits of NYC or any metropolis have never outweighed the downsides (edit: FOR ME and me alone!). I refuse to go to New York as a state due to their politics (a discussion of which doesn't really have a place here IMHO so I will leave it at that). I appreciate art, fine dining, night life, and the tons of other awesome things there. But the idiot per square meter ratio is way too high. The city isn't healthy for me, and I am not healthy for it so I stay away as much as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    really? i couldnt tell, most had helmets on.
    Look at the one who starts bashing out the drivers window at the end. The one beating on the back window looks as though he has dreads and you can see his arms are dark skinned.

Geeto, there were 2 cops involved in the bar fight, both from different towns. The second one was relieved of duty from his department.
    Last edited by o1marc; 10-01-2013 at 10:19 AM.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

People become community?

This is story is like fly paper for the stupid.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    I am from a rural area. I find more use for a rock crawler bumper in the city than in the country. Even the dumbest guy can add up what will happen when that winch and brushgaurd makes contact. Of course I would also think that having different color sheetmetal on the right front would discourage guys from cutting me off and trying to make a hole in 80mph freeway traffic but I digress....

My take is the biker brake checked the range rover and got his bluff called. I would have stopped, called 911. If the bikers escalated, I would have told dispatch I was leaving due to hostility in the area. When you call its recorded from that point forward. And I would have kept a running dialog of what was happening around me. I seriously doubt you would be charged with a leaving the scene if you are telling dispatch the guy's friends are bashing my car and threatening me and my family.

The benefits of NYC or any metropolis have never outweighed the downsides (edit: FOR ME and me alone!). I refuse to go to New York as a state due to their politics (a discussion of which doesn't really have a place here IMHO so I will leave it at that). I appreciate art, fine dining, night life, and the tons of other awesome things there. But the idiot per square meter ratio is way too high. The city isn't healthy for me, and I am not healthy for it so I stay away as much as possible.

I don't know why when I reply to the thread it keeps putting Ravens post in the top. It's doing it whether I just reply or quote someone else's post. System is messed up.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

yeah, theres a lotta black people in nyc
    Internet arguments are like the special olympics. If you win you're still retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    yeah, theres a lotta black people in nyc
    And all the ones with bikes think they are expert stunt riders.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    Call me racist if you will but I just noticed most of the bikers involved were black.
    while I don't see where race has any bearing on this incident - I will just tell you that when I lived in crown heights, car, truck, and bike clubs were a staple of the black community. Some of those sportbike and dual sport clubs were very large. It really doesn't have quite the same presence in other communities. I lived one block away from imperial bikers mc club and those guys were really nice community centric people. They invited me to their BBQs often and never seemed to be dangerous or violent. They were also a mixed cruiser/sportbike/dual sport club.

I guess my my only point is you are more likely to see sport bike clubs in black communities (notice I am not saying African American - a good number of the clubs I had first hand experience with were West Indian and Caribbean), but it doesn't meant they are all bad scary stunt crews.

The guys in the video do look like a stunt crew. How do I know:

- if you look carefully at some of the bikes in the chase you will see a couple of four wheelers. It is illegal to operate a quad on a NYC street because NY state won't register them for street use. Usually in stunt crew rides the quads ride mid pack so the cops have to stop the entire club just to confiscate the quads (a little intimidating for two beat officers)

- some of those bikes have stunt cages or crash cages.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

The ride was organized by the Hollywood Stuntz crew. The one rider that was run over was black. When the ride got to it's destination 15 people were arrested and 55 bikes were confiscated. 68 summons were issued.
    Last edited by o1marc; 10-01-2013 at 12:32 PM.
    busapilot likes this.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Quote Originally Posted by hillsy View Post
    Video's been removed. Shame I missed it.

Google "Range Rover Runs Over Biker" and you'll see all the video and the whole story.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Damn, my wife just missed the fun. She'll be in Manhattan later today. Should I tell her to watch out for Range Rover Drivers, stuntahz, dark-skinned people, or just everyone?

That single video will culminate with a total breakdown of societal norms, decency, morals, ethics, and civilized behavior in general. Anarchy! Mark my words. Every city large enough to have a streetlight will be reduced to smoldering rubble by Arbor Day 2014. Cities on flame - but not with rock-n-roll (gratuitous B.O.C. reference). For those few survivors, Hiroshima/Nagasaki/Bikini Island (shot "Mike") will pale in comparison to what they lived through. I could reference B.O.C. again but I won't - "Godzilla" - all because of that fuckin video.

Seriously, let it go, everyone. Not much we can arm-chair quarterback about this incident at this point.
    Last edited by Emit R Detsaw; 10-01-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: punctuation error
    I believe we have run out of trolls.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links