One Step Forward, 2 Steps Back - Page 9
Close

One Step Forward, 2 Steps Back

This is a discussion on One Step Forward, 2 Steps Back within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by o1marc Actually my plan is to run under the ECTA event at Ohio in April. Bonneville is such an expensive venture that ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: One Step Forward, 2 Steps Back

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    Actually my plan is to run under the ECTA event at Ohio in April. Bonneville is such an expensive venture that the only way I will consider going there is if I post good numbers on Ohio and see that the bike is stable at high speeds and the dyno numbers make me believe I can run record speeds with it. The record I am shooting for at Ohio is 131mph out the back gate on asphalt or concrete. I'll do that all day long. The record at Bonneville is 173mph and I'm not sure at 60 years old if what I think are large cahones is mixed with a little stupidity. I'll only go to the salt if I can hitch a ride with Bob and the Metro.
    If you are running at Ohio, I'll volunteer to crew for you. If I can bumpstart Cal Rayborn's XR750 I'm pretty sure I can bump start you in a pinch. don't know how much help I'll be but an extra set of hands can't hurt.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    If you are running at Ohio, I'll volunteer to crew for you. If I can bumpstart Cal Rayborn's XR750 I'm pretty sure I can bump start you in a pinch. don't know how much help I'll be but an extra set of hands can't hurt.
    I'll take all the help I can get, can't have too much. Thanks
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

As James Garner said in Support Your Local Sheriff, "I'll take all the help I can get. Cheerfully offered or not." You don't know how much help you'll be but you will be amazed at how much help you can be without realizing it.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

So I pulled all the rollers, springs and bushings out of the gear and dropped it at the machine shop to have them make a steel sleeve to go all the way through the bearing and then just weld it to the shaft. Strange thing happened while I was there. I ran into the owner who asked how things were going. I told him everything was good till I got hit with a $350 quote on what I thought was a trade out deal. He threw up his arms as though he had nothing to do with that and that it was on a barter deal. So I don't know if the shop manager was trying to pocket some cash or what. all I know is I'm not paying for it. Should have it back tomorrow and be finished with the starter. Now it's off to mount the fairing, this is going to be one big PITA and a shit load of trimming to even get it to fit.

Last edited by o1marc; 11-06-2013 at 05:25 PM.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    Actually my plan is to run under the ECTA event at Ohio in April. Bonneville is such an expensive venture that the only way I will consider going there is if I post good numbers on Ohio and see that the bike is stable at high speeds and the dyno numbers make me believe I can run record speeds with it. The record I am shooting for at Ohio is 131mph out the back gate on asphalt or concrete. I'll do that all day long. The record at Bonneville is 173mph and I'm not sure at 60 years old if what I think are large cahones is mixed with a little stupidity. I'll only go to the salt if I can hitch a ride with Bob and the Metro.
    The first event will be in May instead of April this year. You got an extra month.

Quote Originally Posted by gs1327 View Post
    The first event will be in May instead of April this year. You got an extra month.
    Cool, for giving me more time, but bad that I have to wait anther month now. I personally have been ready for the last 2 years but the bike is just coming along so slow. Much faster in the last year than the last 35 because I have new motivation. What is the significance of the 1327 in your name?
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Back in the mid 90's when they had chat rooms my first user name was GS1327 because I had a 1327cc GS1100. Been using that handle for the last 18 years.

Quote Originally Posted by gs1327 View Post
    Back in the mid 90's when they had chat rooms my first user name was GS1327 because I had a 1327cc GS1100. Been using that handle for the last 18 years.
    My motor is also 1327cc which is why I asked.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Sponsored Links