Help with TIRE issue ! - Page 5
Close

Help with TIRE issue !

This is a discussion on Help with TIRE issue ! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So after 40 posts if you haven't figured out by now you are not going to get a satisfactory (to you) answer from anyone on ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help with TIRE issue !

So after 40 posts if you haven't figured out by now you are not going to get a satisfactory (to you) answer from anyone on this forum I can only assume you are not going to listen to reason. No one here will help you do the wrong thing. I suggest you go to DTT where they will give you kudos for anything you do or want to do yourself whether it is safe or not. I doubt you'll get the answer you are looking for even over there. But they'll tell you what a good job you are doing.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

he got is answer a while ago. Nobody makes a motorcycle tire for a 15" for good reason. His options are: 1) a space saver spare car tire, 2) a VW bug OEM bias ply tire overinflated to give it a crown, 3) an old NOS tire, 4) casting his own 5) changing the rim to a more sensible size. None of these will be road legal but the firestone he want's anyway isn't road legal so what does it matter. If he is unhappy with the answer he needs to re-evaluate his project and it's goals. It isn't our problem he is unhappy with the answer and honestly he isn't going to get different answers from somewhere else.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    he got is answer a while ago. Nobody makes a motorcycle tire for a 15" for good reason. His options are: 1) a space saver spare car tire, 2) a VW bug OEM bias ply tire overinflated to give it a crown, 3) an old NOS tire, 4) casting his own 5) changing the rim to a more sensible size. None of these will be road legal but the firestone he want's anyway isn't road legal so what does it matter. If he is unhappy with the answer he needs to re-evaluate his project and it's goals. It isn't our problem he is unhappy with the answer and honestly he isn't going to get different answers from somewhere else.

Hi Getto67,

Thank you for the options mentioned, I am of course listening to the comments that are worth listening to and you option 5 is not the dumbest idea I have heard :-)

What I find difficult is the many negative comments that have also been posted on my request to find a tire for my choice of bike..

Changing looks on a stock bike, is at the end of the day what creative people want to do.

Some are more successful then others and some find one look more tasteful then another, but I don't see any reason why anyone would be rude about it, instead of advising me, with a qualified answer…

Call my bike a Cafe Racer, a bobber, a chopper… I really don't care if it has a name, which fits, the whole idea of changing is customization and creating a look that i like :-)

I thank the people who have taken the time to write something of value…. Top the rest of you, god luck with you own projects, personally I do not wish to sink to your level.. Where I come from, we have dignity, respect and pride… (Something that most of the world agrees that the US lost, some while ago)

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Anker9 View Post
    Hi Getto67,

Thank you for the options mentioned, I am of course listening to the comments that are worth listening to and you option 5 is not the dumbest idea I have heard :-)

What I find difficult is the many negative comments that have also been posted on my request to find a tire for my choice of bike..

Changing looks on a stock bike, is at the end of the day what creative people want to do.

Some are more successful then others and some find one look more tasteful then another, but I don't see any reason why anyone would be rude about it, instead of advising me, with a qualified answer…

Call my bike a Cafe Racer, a bobber, a chopper… I really don't care if it has a name, which fits, the whole idea of changing is customization and creating a look that i like :-)

I thank the people who have taken the time to write something of value…. Top the rest of you, god luck with you own projects, personally I do not wish to sink to your level.. Where I come from, we have dignity, respect and pride… (Something that most of the world agrees that the US lost, some while ago)

Putting what you wanted to on your particular application gives you something you can look at while it sits in your living room as a conversation piece. Your idea of changing is customization and creating gets you what you said, a look you like. I does not make a safe bike you can ride. You called it a "cafe racer" and no one in their right mind would run what you were looking to do on a true racer. If all you want is to change the bike for a look then your asking in the wrong forum for advice. We are more about changing your bike so it performs better in handling and power, the "look" will come by it's own doing this. You may see some of the comments here as negative but they are comments trying to steer you away from doing something that you will regret everything about it except how it looks. The pic you posted of the bike that handles like a dream makes me wonder if the rider has ever ridden a bike that really does handle well. Look at some of the bikes we have built and then tell us we don't know what we are talking about.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Where I come from, we have dignity, respect and pride… (Something that most of the world agrees that the US lost, some while ago)
    cr.net has a no politics policy. but being you brought it up. next time the germans come rushing over your border, stand and fight/die rather than drop your weapons and run away like a bunch of pussies. insult this forum if you want. don't know what it has to do w/ the USA. aren't there foreign members on this site too.
    Last edited by dirkchecken; 10-27-2013 at 04:40 PM.
    I like my shocks like I like my women. Cheap and Chinese.

Where I come from, we have dignity, respect and pride… (Something that most of the world agrees that the US lost, some while ago)
    You have outdated mannerisms, passive-aggressive natures, and a programmed acceptance of bullshit.

The US, largely, shares that last one with you.
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...sic-motorcycle How to buy a used bike
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...the-Cafe-Racer How to build a cafe racer

It's like a Machiavellian 4-volume trilogy based on Hamlet senza misura with an ego-maniacal downs syndrome kid reading from a Rube Goldeberg-esque kindle.

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    Putting what you wanted to on your particular application gives you something you can look at while it sits in your living room as a conversation piece. Your idea of changing is customization and creating gets you what you said, a look you like. I does not make a safe bike you can ride. You called it a "cafe racer" and no one in their right mind would run what you were looking to do on a true racer. If all you want is to change the bike for a look then your asking in the wrong forum for advice. We are more about changing your bike so it performs better in handling and power, the "look" will come by it's own doing this. You may see some of the comments here as negative but they are comments trying to steer you away from doing something that you will regret everything about it except how it looks. The pic you posted of the bike that handles like a dream makes me wonder if the rider has ever ridden a bike that really does handle well. Look at some of the bikes we have built and then tell us we don't know what we are talking about.
    Dear o1marc,

Thank you once again for you answer… It would have been nice to be told from the start and in a polite manner, that this forum was for people who were performance driven, as I am not looking for a performance bike, my bad for choosing the wrong forum :-(…

I am going for a look, which is popular here and which will guarantee a new beautiful Danish girls on the back, every time i go for a spin (And I am sure we don't have to argue that our women are beautiful??), what I can promise all of you is that the look I am going for will guarantee this… haha

I will however consider going back to the original 18inch rear tire, so i did learn something :-)…

Quote Originally Posted by dirkchecken View Post
    cr.net has a no politics policy. but being you brought it up. next time the germans come rushing over your border, stand and fight/die rather than drop your weapons and run away like a bunch of pussies. insult this forum if you want. don't know what it has to do w/ the USA. aren't there foreign members on this site too.
    Hi Dickchicken (oh sorry)

I am sorry to educate you once again… FACT: The Danes are and have over the past 20 years been the biggest contributor of soldiers to the joint forces in the Iraq and Iran war (compared to population).

So calling us pussies, would be slightly wrong.

MJ :-)

You'd die if you put anyone on the back of that piece of shit monkeefuckingafootball or wtf ever it was.
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...sic-motorcycle How to buy a used bike
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...the-Cafe-Racer How to build a cafe racer

It's like a Machiavellian 4-volume trilogy based on Hamlet senza misura with an ego-maniacal downs syndrome kid reading from a Rube Goldeberg-esque kindle.

If you can get chicks from the looks of your bike I know where all the dumb blonde jokes originated. If you had bothered to read some of the posts on this forum before you trusted us with your question you would have known what we are about, it is no secret.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Sponsored Links