Help with TIRE issue ! - Page 6
Close

Help with TIRE issue !

This is a discussion on Help with TIRE issue ! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Anker9 Hi Getto67, Thank you for the options mentioned, I am of course listening to the comments that are worth listening to ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help with TIRE issue !

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anker9 View Post
    Hi Getto67,

Thank you for the options mentioned, I am of course listening to the comments that are worth listening to and you option 5 is not the dumbest idea I have heard :-)

What I find difficult is the many negative comments that have also been posted on my request to find a tire for my choice of bike..

Changing looks on a stock bike, is at the end of the day what creative people want to do.

Some are more successful then others and some find one look more tasteful then another, but I don't see any reason why anyone would be rude about it, instead of advising me, with a qualified answer…

Call my bike a Cafe Racer, a bobber, a chopper… I really don't care if it has a name, which fits, the whole idea of changing is customization and creating a look that i like :-)

I thank the people who have taken the time to write something of value…. Top the rest of you, god luck with you own projects, personally I do not wish to sink to your level.. Where I come from, we have dignity, respect and pride… (Something that most of the world agrees that the US lost, some while ago)

OK, You can't get a Firestone for 'the look' you want so you'll have to either get something else or get sensible and build a bike that can be ridden not posed on.
    If your making an art project it's a completely different matter but you keep calling various bobber/brat/ lowrider style bikes Cafe Racers.
    If you want to ride at a reasonable speed and not fall down on first proper bend, you have to do certain things, 15" rear wheel isn't one of them.
    CB750 motor is too wide in stock chassis with 19/18 wheels, various parts drag on the floor.
    Lowering rear end a substantial amount is going to make things drag on the floor a lot easier so your chances of falling down are much higher.
    Using 'clown shoes' reduces your chances of staying on the road
    As far as I'm aware, using car tyres on motorcycles anywhere in Europe will get you a ticket at best and bike towed to impound for being in dangerous condition
    The other reason 'we' don't like this srt of stuff, you may be aware of the limitations and risks, but the retard you sell it to probably won't and you won't be liable when he or she gets hurt (even though you should be)
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

Quote Originally Posted by Anker9 View Post
    Hi Dickchicken (oh sorry)

I am sorry to educate you once again… FACT: The Danes are and have over the past 20 years been the biggest contributor of soldiers to the joint forces in the Iraq and Iran war (compared to population).

So calling us pussies, would be slightly wrong.

MJ :-)
    you started it not me. so don't try and "turn it around" so you look like the injured party. I don't care about what tires you use, I do care when someone insults this country ( yes you can insult this country if you are from this country, that I can live with). wasnt Denmark known as Sweeden's ugly sister for a while?
    I like my shocks like I like my women. Cheap and Chinese.

Scandinavian chicks are hot

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I did a Google search of Danish women and you are correct. I'm ready to pack my bags and bike and head that way.

www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

I guess you can find 'valley commando's' anywhere if you try
    Stick to asking simple questions about 400f

After six pages a tire discussion disintegrated into a discussion about the whether or not a country's women are on average smart and hot, truly ugly chick pics, a healthy dose of nationalism on both sides, and the OP deciding that swapping the 18" rear wheel back on might not be such a bad idea. I declare this thread a win.
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

FWIW I think the smart upgrade would be an interceptor VF750R rear rim on a cbF swingarm (preferrably a cb1100F one since they are boxed alloy). You can do the whole setup as a bolt on and you end up with the capability to run a 140 to 150 rear tire instead of the inadiquate 120 these came with stock.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

H-D must like you as they just came out with 15" wheels on their new bikes. Tires will probably be $300
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    H-D must like you as they just came out with 15" wheels on their new bikes. Tires will probably be $300
    Getting 15" tyres is not a problem - finding vintage style ones is the original question....and no one makes them.

Quote Originally Posted by hillsy View Post
    Getting 15" tyres is not a problem - finding vintage style ones is the original question....and no one makes them.
    That's right, I guess he is still shit outta luck.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links