Gobsmacked!
Close

Gobsmacked!

This is a discussion on Gobsmacked! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Last night I emailed one of my close friends and told him I was ready to do the final assembly of a project he and ...

Thread: Gobsmacked!

Gobsmacked!

Last night I emailed one of my close friends and told him I was ready to do the final assembly of a project he and I had been working on for the past year or so. He showed up this morning with the frame all glistening in gloss black, we chatted for a while before he had to get back to work and just before he leaves, he pulls a folded bit of paper out of his pocket and hands it to me, saying: "I know you have always wanted one of these and I want you to have this." ... I looked at what he had given me and unfolded the Certificate of Ownership for a 1955 AJS model 20B!!! I was worse than gobsmacked, you could have knocked me over with a feather. He had been telling me about this recently discovered project bike he was going to get, but I never thought he was going to give it to me. He has it stored at his place at the moment, and it is all in bits and pieces, but that's the way I like 'em. I'll have to get out to his place very soon to see what I've got...he said I can keep it there until I am ready to bring it home...that will be shortly after the Commando is back together, but soon enough.
    I've been looking at the Certificate all bloody day just to make sure it is real...this isn't the first time he has shown me such generosity, everybody should have friends like that! It's guys like him that make the world a nicer place to live in.
    “And this you can know – fear the time when Manself will not suffer and die for a concept, for this one quality is the foundation of Manself, and this one quality is man, distinctive in the universe.”
    John Steinbeck

What can you say? Things like that makes your grin that bit wider and your step that bit lighter. You're a lucky person to have a friend like that.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

Good friend.

the model 20 that's the 500cc springtwin, right?
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Close, the 20B is a 550.
    “And this you can know – fear the time when Manself will not suffer and die for a concept, for this one quality is the foundation of Manself, and this one quality is man, distinctive in the universe.”
    John Steinbeck

Sponsored Links