Saying "hi".
Close

Saying "hi".

This is a discussion on Saying "hi". within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; My name is christian and i'm 24. I'm into cars and jetski's and now... motorcycles. Just picked up this little gem for 10 bucks (try ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saying "hi".

Saying "hi".

My name is christian and i'm 24. I'm into cars and jetski's and now... motorcycles.
    Just picked up this little gem for 10 bucks (try to avoid making fun of me trying to be cool on it.... haha). 75 Honda CB550. I am curious as to where i might find cafe style bars, seat, and tank for it.

I did a google search that came up relatively dry. Looks like alot of CB750 stuff... is it interchangeable?

if you dump your seat tank and sidecovers, let me know.

youll have to probably do some work to get a different tank and seat on it. like make or move brackets etc. but we do it all of the time.

sweet little bike.

jc

I'll give you $100 for that bike right now.

JohnnyB

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Hello, Newman...

Z

Justin Timberlake called...he wants his homosexuality back.

Just kidding. Just you you are aware this is a pretty tight knit group where most of us know at least one other board member in real life. That means that there is a lot of good natured ribbing that occurs here and nobody is immune. I'm warning you now so you don't get all upset and we have to call the waaaaambulance.

Now to actually answer your question:

Bars: there are several different choices. Bacisally you are looking for a 7/8" diameter bar, 1" harley bars won't cut it. The basic staples are:

Superbike - less than 1" rise and pull back, very low classic bars and very comfortable for long distance riding.

Drag - no rise and very slight pull back, used by drag racers and is about as no frills as you can get.

Clubman - created for a specific class of club racing that required stock bar risers these are the quintessential cafe bars. There are different versions like the tommiselli and dunstall, etc..

clip ons - originally what the racers used and are now a staple on modern sport bikes. does not use your risers but clamps on to the fork itself so they must be size matched to your forks.

all are commonly available through ebay, dennis kirk, and various other bike parts warehouses. Expect to pay about $20 for the first three and $40 plus for clipons. There is a member here with very good prices on clipons but I forget who it is.

Bodywork: There are two schools of thought on this - fiberglass and aluminum. aluminum is high end, expect to pay over a grand to outfit your bike - but it is worth it. Fiberglass is more common and cheaper.

Evan wilcox is high end custom aluminum fab. Airtech is fiberglass supplier for a lot of cool stuff. Look around the net you'll find what you need.

check out:

http://www.ohiocaferacers.com/

and
    benji has some cool 550 stuff but it is pricey:

http://www.benjiescaferacer.com/forsale.html

quote:
    Hello, Newman...

Z

Hehehe....I get it.

JohnnyB

JD
    Careful you don't shoot your nuts off kicking that thing over.

Joking aside, I love that bike minus the bars. Geeto pretty much has you covered on where to get stuff.

JD

These guys are local for me, but check them out on the web they make pretty cool stuff:

http://omarsdtr.com/

Don't listen to those guys, you look hot on the bike and that's all that matters! (nobody yell at me for that one)

matt says that to all the new guys.....

jc

maybe he likes the new guys?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links