Any trail riders out there? - Page 2
Close

Any trail riders out there?

This is a discussion on Any trail riders out there? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Did trans america trail fro OR coast to Rockies and then tarmac to Chicago and Boston. Picture is my buddy's bike - he joined for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Any trail riders out there?

Did trans america trail fro OR coast to Rockies and then tarmac to Chicago and Boston. Picture is my buddy's bike - he joined for 1st 6 days. Also did a couple races in the desert when I lived in CA, started feeling vulnerable though. Going 40-50+mph next to sharp big rocky terrain (fast guys way faster than that) esp a few painful spills later made me accept that I am not bullet proof.

Now I am seriously challenged time wise as I bought a family farm and have a kid on the way and my other job is self employed too. I am really hurting to have a working bike - currently don't have one. With time being so short I am constantly resisting temptation. There is a nice 70s TS250 2-smoke with somewhat modern front end (probably DR or DRZ) and 17" alu supermoto wheels for sale nearish me. It would be a perfectly silly yet handy mix of nostalgia, wackyness and handy for the farm.

I think I need to see this coming summer and then see how much or little time I have before I buy toys. I have a zillion things on the farm that need attention to get fixed.
    Last edited by kerosene; 01-07-2014 at 03:19 AM.
    -

From our last club ride. I'm the "even fatter than I used to be" guy on the Green Machine. The last half of the group falls behind when someone stalls, but they catch back up to me around the 14:00 mark. The lead guy checked out by the second or third turn. This trail is probably the tightest of the club properties that we ride but it's still got a few places where the heroes can open her up.

Last edited by caferocket686; 01-08-2016 at 05:46 PM.
    CAPTAIN AWESOME and KeninIowa like this.
    01 MZ Skorpion (No, it's not stock. It was originally designed in England, has a Japanese motor, is built with Italian components, but it's German)
    03 Kawasaki KX250 (Braaap!)
    73 Yamaha RD350/R5

Those trails look like my idea of fun.

When I raced Hare Scrambles around here the courses were laid out by the A class riders. Their idea of true single-track is 29"-30" between trees, fair game. The more the better. Off camber hillside 180s around the radius of a tree, stuff like that. If the terrain didn't do it they'd lay lay small logs down mid-corner at the perfect angle to hook your front wheel and put you down if you didnt see them and wheelie over. Challenging, not fun.

I sold my last KTM a few weeks ago. Even though I hadn't ridden in over a year and the prudent thing with my job is to not ride I don't like that I'm dirtbike-less.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KeninIowa View Post
    Those trails look like my idea of fun.

When I raced Hare Scrambles around here the courses were laid out by the A class riders. Their idea of true single-track is 29"-30" between trees, fair game. The more the better. Off camber hillside 180s around the radius of a tree, stuff like that. If the terrain didn't do it they'd lay lay small logs down mid-corner at the perfect angle to hook your front wheel and put you down if you didnt see them and wheelie over. Challenging, not fun.

I sold my last KTM a few weeks ago. Even though I hadn't ridden in over a year and the prudent thing with my job is to not ride I don't like that I'm dirtbike-less.
    We rode the same course the weekend before and a few mud bogs developed that were like motorcycle traps. LOL I managed to avoid them when they were at their worst and the trail crew routed around them for this second weekend. There's also a few places where we took the "Easy" splits to avoid the vertical stuff that the A riders like. No thanks! I prefer to go home afterwards instead of to the hospital.
    01 MZ Skorpion (No, it's not stock. It was originally designed in England, has a Japanese motor, is built with Italian components, but it's German)
    03 Kawasaki KX250 (Braaap!)
    73 Yamaha RD350/R5

I was just about to ask where are the fallen trees, deep mud sections, exposed rocks and vertical stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links