Super Bowl Picks - Page 3
Close

Super Bowl Picks

This is a discussion on Super Bowl Picks within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; seattle has never won a superbowl and I would like to see them win one in my life time. Pretty much the only skin I ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Super Bowl Picks

seattle has never won a superbowl and I would like to see them win one in my life time. Pretty much the only skin I have in this game. otherwise I couldn't care less.

As for the rant...well they don't hire rocket scientists to be football players. Considering all the felonies that players rack up in a year for domestic abuse, weapons charges, etc..., I really couldn't care less about some guy getting al jazzed up about a play during the game. His heart's in it man give him a break. he can't help it that he's emotional and stupid. We don't want robots in football.
    Last edited by Geeto67; 01-27-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

The only reason I pull for the Seattle is because my brother lives there. On a semi unrelated note I was surprised to find that though a lot of the players make multi million dollar yearly salaries the cheerleaders only get paid $1250 for the whole 10 game season. They are an important part of the team.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

The cheerleaders may be paid in drool, however they subsidize their salary with appearance fees and lap dance tips

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    The only reason I pull for the Seattle is because my brother lives there. On a semi unrelated note I was surprised to find that though a lot of the players make multi million dollar yearly salaries the cheerleaders only get paid $1250 for the whole 10 game season. They are an important part of the team.
    that's not entirely true. Some get salaries. Granted at most they are $50K a year at most. Not many, but some. Being an NFL cheerleader isn't a career, the career is something else you do to be flexibile enough to be an NFL cheerleader as a hobby. I once worked for a lawyer that represented an NFL cheerleaders in a lawsuit and we got to see what their income was like - All of them had income from real careers from modeling and appearances (and yes some taxi dancers), some had office jobs, some were personal trainers or gym coaches. Is it fair? not on your life. Honestly They should probably do away with them or hire them as a real squad. you don't see any cheerleaders in baseball and honestly who cares that there are cheerleaders in basketball?
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Suit was filed on Wed. by an Oakland Raider cheerleader, claims they make less than minimum wage for the time the are required time they put in.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    Suit was filed on Wed. by an Oakland Raider cheerleader, claims they make less than minimum wage for the time the are required time they put in.
    That part is no doubt true. And from that perspective they are right, they are paid less than minimum wage. But nobody in this country can live on $1250 a year as a "salary", they have to have some source of income from somewhere else which when you talk about a person's income from an economic standpoint in includes all revenue streams. I would be curious to see what the average income of a cheerleade is from other revenue sources, what the opportunity cost is for them to be cheerleading vs other things, and whether cheerleading gives them a boost or puts them behind the curve in earning potential in their other careers.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

I'm pulling for Seattle cause I love a good underdog story. Derrick Coleman would not only be the first deaf guy to play in the NFL, but would be the first to win the Superbowl. Imagine what that would do for other deaf kids worried about running on any field.

A deaf guy playing in the Superbowl for the Seahawks?

Awesome.
    That's like, your opinion, man.

Sherman may be emotional but you can't really call him stupid. Stanford grad and normally intelligent sounding during interviews.

Well I was counting on bad weather to allow me to put some money on seattle. Now I dont know. I dont bet very much but the last few years I have been putting a hundo on the SB and I won the last 2 years. I suppose the smart bet is on manning minus 2 or 3 points. Anyone want to talk me out of it?
    Internet arguments are like the special olympics. If you win you're still retarded

btw the news today is the plummeting ticket prices. Lowest since post 911. This will be the last time the SB is played outdoors in the north.

Super Bowl ticket prices plummet | New York Post
    Internet arguments are like the special olympics. If you win you're still retarded

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links