spring/fall gear - Rev'it spectrum or alpinestars andes
Close

This is a discussion on spring/fall gear - Rev'it spectrum or alpinestars andes within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; hey guys, looking for a better fall/spring/light rain jacket.... gave up a good month of riding last year for not having the right gear. A ...

hey guys, looking for a better fall/spring/light rain jacket.... gave up a good month of riding last year for not having the right gear.

A couple local suppliers have 2 pretty nice jackets available, in the sub 300$ price range.

Rev'it spectrum and the alpinestar andes - anyone have any experience with either?

My rain jacket (just a rain jacket, no armor or anything, it goes over my leathers) is a Tour Master. It is GREAT. It does not leak, nor does it have a lot of condensation buildup inside. It was much less than $300, like maybe $80? I have had it for at least 8 years now.

I have Alpinestar pants, and while they are waterproof I am not crazy about them, I would rather have something with zippers up the side of the legs for easy on and off, and a zipper fly--it is a pain to pull them down to take a leak.

Yea it's not exclusively for the waterproof aspect, it's for the gold weather as well. As it stands now I only have a light mesh jacket with armour, just isn't comfortable with layers if sweaters underneath, feels like the Michelin man.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I have 2 jackets. I have my All weather rain/cold jacket, and my summer jacket.
    I have an Alpinestars for almost 1 year, I actually purchased it slightly used... holding up great. Warm, leather is great looking...
    For hotter summer days, I have a mesh jacket that i picked up while on a budget.. Definitely has been holding up better than expected.
    http://www.motorcyclehouse.com/motorcycle-jackets.htm

I am a big fan of Rev'it gear due to Tex working for them and all, but also for them actually making good products. My wife uses her rev it jacket as a regular coat sometimes if that helps any. I have no experience with A-stars other than having a race suit that was too small for me to wear hang in my closet for a few months. It was a nice race suit.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Sponsored Links