Buried w/ your motorcycle - Page 2
Close

Buried w/ your motorcycle

This is a discussion on Buried w/ your motorcycle within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; In a couple hundred years... they won't be sure what a 'harley' is. I love how seroiusly they did it tohugh... it's a little bit ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    In a couple hundred years... they won't be sure what a 'harley' is. I love how seroiusly they did it tohugh... it's a little bit tacky but I guess if thats what the guy really wanted, you can't complain he got his wish.

My favorite Ken quote.

Quote Originally Posted by KeninIowa View Post

I've thought about this quite a little.
    http://www.slingshotcycles.com
    Stainless braided brake lines and other odds and ends.
    Enter coupon code "caferacer" during checkout for 15% off

I have also thought about this and believe that it merits a rant:

This is one of the stupidest egocentric and short sighted travesties I have seen in a while. Why would anybody care what they are buried with? It isn't like having his bike in the grave will have any possible effect on his afterlife, even if there is one. (That can be a rant for another day) This just relates to the whole personification of machines. A bike is no more a he or a she than a hammer. It is a machine and it is an it. A bike doesn't treat you well or poorly, it either functions properly or it doesn't, that is up to you. A machine has no soul, however if you have one a certain combination of parts may resonate more strongly with yours than another combination of parts might. Finally, if you are dead and have a machine of some value, why would you remove it from those who might appreciate it. If you have no family or they don't appreciate it then have it sold, give it to the kid down the street or donate it to a worthy cause. Sticking it in the ground to rot is wasteful and stupid.

Ooops, I forgot it was a Harley and has no value. Nevermind!!!
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I agree Ken. Just the dollar value of the bike and unique funeral preparation possibly helping a family member, maybe a grandkids college or something is far better then that dumb act.

For the record, I plan to be buried with my GTO.....but only because it is highly likely it would require more money and effort than worth it to seperate the person from the metal. As bobdog can attest, everything I do in that car starts with the phrase "watch this" so it is only a matter of time before my luck runs out.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    For the record, I plan to be buried with my GTO.....but only because it is highly likely it would require more money and effort than worth it to seperate the person from the metal. As bobdog can attest, everything I do in that car starts with the phrase "watch this" so it is only a matter of time before my luck runs out.
    "Lets unseize the rear brakes."

Does burn out. Doesn't unseize the brakes.

"Let's take it for a spin. It'll be fine."

Tires are older than me. Brakes are seized. Said million year old tires have 7psi in them.

"Watch this."

Launches the thing to open up barrels (fun ps) then CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK. Fan shroud fell into fan. Geets pulls the biggest zip tie i've ever seen in my life from his ass.

"Sorted."
    That's like, your opinion, man.

Thinking about this some more if Harley don't use this as part of a lifestyle ad campaign they are missing out on a huge marketing opportunity.

Rear brakes weren't seized, clutches in the posi were stuck together from sitting.

somedays I am a horrible ham fisted redneck. Last night I took my daughter out in the jeep and taught her how to say "yeeehaw" while I spun donuts in a snow covered parking lot.
    Last edited by Geeto67; 02-07-2014 at 05:56 AM.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    Rear brakes weren't seized, clutches in the posi were stuck together from sitting.

somedays I am a horrible ham fisted redneck. Last night I took my daughter out in the jeep and taught her how to say "yeeehaw" while I spun donuts in a snow covered parking lot.
    what's wrong with that?
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

Nothing. Nothing at all.

the non car guys a work thought I was crazy because when they forgot to plow the parking lot I hopped in my jeep at lunch time and slid sideways figure eights around the light poles for half an hour. Keep in mind I work in the corp headquarters of a large bank. Most of my co-workers didn't get it including the ones that said I had excellent Tokyo drift skills.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links