Quietly Killed? - Page 2
Close

Quietly Killed?

This is a discussion on Quietly Killed? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; That's definitely better. There's a kit you can still find for my bike as well that has cams and pistons but it's a little pricey....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Quietly Killed?

That's definitely better. There's a kit you can still find for my bike as well that has cams and pistons but it's a little pricey.

I guess the right perspective to look at this is....you have a beginner bike that has the potential for the rider to own it for a while and mod it so they can have an interesting ride. Instead of garbage cb350s, if the cafe wannabe kids bought these they would at least have bikes that were not rotting away beneath them because of age. They could still do all those horrible mods like clubman bars and tiny lights nobody can see but they wouldn't fell the need to blow them completely apart because there is nothing to "restore". If you financed one I can't imagine your payments would be more than $100 a month for a new bike, and used (when they do come up) they are like $3k. Of course the real "hardcore" of the morons would still buy and blow apart cb350s (you can't fix stupid) but the borderline kids, the kids who just generally want to discover riding but are lead down the wrong path by pipeburn...this could help bring them around.

If I was smart, or ambitious, I could start a parts company that just catered to small parts for beginner bikes. Tu250s, Harley 883s. Shadow RS, guzzi v7. I would even call it "beginners luck". But I am not that ambitious.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    I guess the right perspective to look at this is....you have a beginner bike that has the potential for the rider to own it for a while and mod it so they can have an interesting ride. Instead of garbage cb350s, if the cafe wannabe kids bought these they would at least have bikes that were not rotting away beneath them because of age. They could still do all those horrible mods like clubman bars and tiny lights nobody can see but they wouldn't fell the need to blow them completely apart because there is nothing to "restore". If you financed one I can't imagine your payments would be more than $100 a month for a new bike, and used (when they do come up) they are like $3k. Of course the real "hardcore" of the morons would still buy and blow apart cb350s (you can't fix stupid) but the borderline kids, the kids who just generally want to discover riding but are lead down the wrong path by pipeburn...this could help bring them around.

If I was smart, or ambitious, I could start a parts company that just catered to small parts for beginner bikes. Tu250s, Harley 883s. Shadow RS, guzzi v7. I would even call it "beginners luck". But I am not that ambitious.
    Damn it man! Think of the sticker and clubman revenue alone!
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

This is why I am a bad business man, because I wouldn't sell clubmans and I would give away the stickers for free.
    DesmoDog and Dean like this.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    This is why I am a bad business man, because I wouldn't sell clubmans and I would give away the stickers for free.
    "As your attorney I advise you to buy the hipsterest rundown warehouse and fill it full of clubmans, bad coffee and overpriced stickers..."

j/k

(sorry, in a fear and loathing in las vegas kind of mood this morning)
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

It's cool I am totally digging it.

"15,000 sets of clubman bars showed up at my door as inventory when the drugs began to wear off".

And anything I do would not have bad coffee. I have standards. It would also be free and served in a greek cup....again because I have standards and am the worst business man.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an hipster cafe binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon....
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)

ok...so let's continue this depraved thinking....purely as an acedemic expirement

What would a company catering to new riders and beginner bikes sell? What would be of value to a newbie so they could feel they are "working" on their motorcycle but not making it worse while feeding their head that they are doing something cool.

- Grips: big comfy rubber ones like Biltwell's Kung Fu grips or the old standby GP grips. Maybe some heated grips. Nothing trinkety like brass knurled with a spade engraved in the end.

- Bars: superbike bend, daytona bend, tomaselli condor and adjustable clipons, drag bars. etc plus a guide on how to measure so you don't bash your tank or ruin your back and wrists with poor bar selection

- mirrors: I see plenty of mirrors with decent sized pieces of glass that look way better than stock. Plus ones with signal intergration. No CRG type jewelry garbage. Looking for DOT approved pieces here if possible.

so what do you think a place like this should sell? What shouldn't it?
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links