Tex My school burned
Close

Tex My school burned

This is a discussion on Tex My school burned within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Tex, Welcome to education, this is my school. http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/03/esk....ap/index.html My housing went up to. I was in another village when it started at a principals ...

Tex My school burned

Tex,
    Welcome to education, this is my school.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/03/esk....ap/index.html

My housing went up to. I was in another village when it started at a principals meeting. We chartered a plane back first thing this morning. From the plane the smoke was visible for 60 mile and the flames at 25 @2000 ft.

My wife got out of the house with a bag of cloths and her laptop with the only school records that we could save since she is the school counselor.
    Great way to start the year.

Ken

AHRMA 412
    Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Holy crap!
    Wow that freakin blows. Glad you guys are ok.
    JohnnyB

wow, not cool. i can only imagine how rushed you must be. how soon till the kids start showing up?

scott from chicago
    ahrma #527

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Scott,
    We won't be able to start school now until our new school is finished. They are going to try and finish it asap. The state will throw some money at it and put on construction crews 24/7 to get it done by October instead of January. They will build all new teacher housing at the same time. I really don't have to much to do right now since we don't have a school. I have been in another village for a couple of days and will go back tomorrow to set up a temporary office and meet with the maintainace and office people. I am also going to check on my Honda 4 wheeler and snowmobile. They might have survived. I will look through the remains of my house and see if there is anything. I would like to find my wifes jewelry and the remains of my guns.
    Ken

AHRMA 412

Oh man.

Your insurance company gives you any shit, you know who can count on:

<center></center>

Sorry to make jokes. Just trying to cheer you up.

Honda go sideways!

Nope, No insurance. We can't get renters insurance since there is no fire truck within 100 miles. The village had a pump and some hoses but the fittings didn't match. They didn't really get any effective water on the flames for 3-4 hours. Fire crews flew in from Nome which is about 300 miles with a pump and the Forest Service sent a helicopter with a giant pump w/ 6 in hoses from McGrath wich is about 400 miles.
    Jokes are OK nobody got hurt and it is only stuff. Plus we have more stuff in WI where my race bikes are. I will probably get a couple of months off with pay to wait for the new school, so I am going to try and make Summit Point in September. Anybody going to be there?

Ken (smokin) Essex

AHRMA 412

ill be there, with the b-more crew. (whoever's left)

jc

Our school district has some pictures of the fire on our website, loweryukon.org its was pretty spectacular. I checked out the remains of our house. Nothing left but my Honda 4 wheeler and snowmobile are both untouched, so when we finally get back to the village I will have transportation. I organized some staff yesterday and we are getting a temporary school office set up so we can answer questions and take care of business until our new school is finished, probably not until the end of October now.

Ken

AHRMA 412

ken,

that suckity sucks! i will be at summit in september for sure. marshall is gonna be making pancakes on sunday trackside for everybody, so make sure you bring your favorite toppings. i'm still working on some maine grade a amber 30 weight (thanks evil).

see you bitches trackside.

by the way, i get married on saturday the 12th. wedding is in furlong, pa off of swamp road. come crash it if you want. we got extra space since f'ing clancypants ain't coming (pussy).

word!

tex

"dude, my boots feel like they are filled with rain slushies!"

Sponsored Links