Deathmasters lol - Page 2
Close

Deathmasters lol

This is a discussion on Deathmasters lol within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; For cars we ran Continental radials back in the 70's and they worked....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Deathmasters lol

For cars we ran Continental radials back in the 70's and they worked.

heres the thing about the 73. like I said weak as wet toilet paper. But with only 4000 miles on the car obviously still in warranty I pulled engine out. by then the LS4 454 had 8.25 compression. same engine the pickup had with better exhaust manifolds. The engine now goes back in . It now has 4 bolt mains, steel crank, 7/16 L88 rods, Open Chamber 13 to 1 trw pistons, Rectangle port heads. Tarantula edelbrock single plane, 850 dp, headers are 2 1/8 hooker ( still in the attic ) Camshaft crower solid 90 on the overlap. Rea. as originally ordered 3.36 new, rear tire 28 dia. It now pulls to 7600 engine now .060 over 467cu. Rich boy in parking lot 400 hp turbo porcsh. How About $500.00 from 100 mph.Take $500.00 home with me,. speedo went past 160 front end light big time. Judge butler... James What am i going to do with you. 4 th time liicence pulled in a 6 yr period. other cars 3.00am dra racing. rarely ever worked on a motorcycle to this day.
    Last edited by JM360; 03-10-2014 at 05:51 PM.
    Weak as wet toilet paper.

1967-CL77, 1975-CL360, 2011-DR650SE

for sure not blaming it all on the tires, 20 yrs old big problem. They recalled the tires did not use the name again. first time my license pulled at 16. One of my cousins came by a few yrs ago has since died. He says I raced two cars one night with him in the car. I could not even remember him riding with me in the car or what I raced, just asked if I won. by age 26 I was in business owning trucks mostly left the cars behind. Long time friend of mine has owned 20 vettes. current, 67, 427/435 vert, 70 LT1 and a 2003 C5 ZO6 he bought 1 yr 0ld. 69 to 79 I owned new 69 z/28 age 16 folks bought this one i made the $121.00 month payment for 36 months. 19, 72 vette kept 6 months. Ordered the 73 454, 4 speed, no a/c or power windows, sissy shit not needed, extra weight. Got rid of it in 75 bought a 66 427/ 425hp vert same yr. 78 ordered new 78 l/82 vette, 4 speed. bought a new 78 3/4 ton pickup, 454, Silverado. Did not care for the vette Sold it for what I paid for it, everyone hot for the new rear window change back then. Then ordered a new 79 Z/28. End of my hot rodding days.
    Last edited by JM360; 03-10-2014 at 08:59 PM.
    Weak as wet toilet paper.

1967-CL77, 1975-CL360, 2011-DR650SE

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Every time. Every time I have had to order something from DCC. They fuck it up. Need some 105 mains for 550, and 40 pilots? Nup, here's 3 105's and a 110 sealed in a bag, with some pilots made for carburetor which can only be described as Chinese. They fought hammer and tong about the correct speedo ratio with me on a 500/4. Made my client buy the wrong one and lo and behold. I was right and they have to swap it now.

Their descriptions are terrible. There are no such thing as pre-jetted carbs and their website makes me want to deal with paper.

Also, tire front. I still will be a big fan of the road riders until something comes my way. Wish they could make them a radial.

I will always say this about the lazer tech. The rear is good, but that front tire I call bullshit. Pushes the water fine, but either I got a 4 year old one off the bin, or it was just the hardest compound I've dealt with this side of a firestone. Barely any flex in the sidewall either. Fitting it made me want to throw the tire machine through the roof.

Nope. I'll keep drooling at this girl with these lovely shoes.

That's like, your opinion, man.

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    'Real' Katana came stock with Pirelli Phantom (at least in Europe)
    Strange thing, Phantoms' had a reputation for letting go without warning on majority of bikes but on Kat you could drift it at 80mph + without any worries
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

It's funny, I wonder if it was a product of the tread or the compound back then. Pirellii brought the phantom back for the ducati sport classic line and while they are a decent dry weather tire they kind of blow in the rain. They are more like a hard compound racing slick than a street tire.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Wait, Speedmasters are bad? This from a company that sells Firestone Deluxe repops?

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    It's funny, I wonder if it was a product of the tread or the compound back then. Pirellii brought the phantom back for the ducati sport classic line and while they are a decent dry weather tire they kind of blow in the rain. They are more like a hard compound racing slick than a street tire.
    We forget how far tires have come. I was young and stupid back then, and wanted to put a set of the first race-compound Dunlop 291R Sport Elites on my street bike. The guy at the shop talked me out of it, and I'm so glad he did. Even the 291S's I did get would get a noticeable glaze on them overnight. They were downright scary for the first half-mile or so, much longer on a cool, wet morning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links