Statistic helmet - Page 3
Close

Statistic helmet

This is a discussion on Statistic helmet within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Dean In my state, we have no helmet law at all, so the conversations are even more extreme. ( edit: than in ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Statistic helmet

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    In my state, we have no helmet law at all, so the conversations are even more extreme. ( edit: than in Georgia )

DOT approves less than safe helmets, don't they? The biker's rights guys would throw a total shit fit if full face helmets became a DOT minimum.
    How many helmets are less safe than no helmet at all? Does DOT approve of helmets that are less age than a full face, yes. Doesn't mean they are "less than safe"
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

I qualify 1/2 & 3/4 helmets as less than safe, but I am a full face helmet proponent. So I guess it's just my opinion then.

Full face helmets are just cozier too.

'82 GS750E, '99 ZRX-1100
    "Tossing a few cherries on the manure wagon doesn't make it the dessert cart."

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    I qualify 1/2 & 3/4 helmets as less than safe, but I am a full face helmet proponent. So I guess it's just my opinion then.
    So you're saying they are no safer than no helmet at all? Really?
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

I did not say that. Just saying that full face should be required.

Portland, Oregon. (But not the hipster douchebag part of town.)
    Cool idea, and I get the real point of the numbers bringing awareness. But just for the sake of argument I would question the accuracy of those numbers for any given country. The numbers shown on the helmet reference statistics taken from both right and left side driving countries. I wonder how many of the accidents in the study were due to vehicles turning left across the motorcyclist's path? And how many of the same scenario accidents were from the U.K. where the vehicle would be coming from the right? I'd be curious to see the numbers specific to only one side of the road and would expect the left and right chin numbers might have a wider spread than the 15% and 19% shown.
    TCed likes this.
    [email protected] from the Past

This could be done cheaply with laser cut numbers, stencils, or even old school hand paint numbers not as cheap "at some sign Co.'s" for the vintage look.

Some Harley Davidson riders discount the value of helmets to this day and every summer it looks as if many people discount the value of proper jackets, gloves, pants, boots and shoes. I will not be part of that percentage of rider that is in a vegetative state getting skin grafts while living on narcotics regardless of the question of the possibility that a percentage number on a helmet could be off by a few points.

It's a cool helmet and puts out a good message at least to some ignorant people.
    Last edited by nic579; 04-27-2014 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    you are such a skeptic. and you are the worst kind of skeptic, one that does no research.

here is the original report from which those numbers come, It took me literally 30 seconds to find:

http://www.smf.org/docs/articles/hic...MC_JTrauma.pdf

you have to read the whole report but basically the percentages are how often that segment was impacted in the sample size of collisions they studied.

But again in being a skeptic you miss the point of the helmet in the first place which is to raise awareness of how effective a full face is over other types of helmets.
    Since I had way to much coffee this morning I read the report and found some statistics in it that may interest some of you.
    27% of crashes were under age 26
    25 % of crashes involved no other object
    39% of collisions involved non-moving objects, pedestrians ect.
    75% of riders fell before relevant impact.

Are you defending your use of a .5 or .75 helmet with all this pointless sniping? No one has suggested any of the crap you're putting in their mouths. "Less than safe" just means less safe than they expect it to be.

Seriously do you just argue with people cause you're bored?

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TCed View Post
    39% of collisions involved non-moving objects, pedestrians ect.

"No YOU get outta the way.... NO YOU get outta the way..." Hahah
    TCed and Dean like this.

'82 GS750E, '99 ZRX-1100
    "Tossing a few cherries on the manure wagon doesn't make it the dessert cart."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links