cb550/4 - how much?
Close

cb550/4 - how much?

This is a discussion on cb550/4 - how much? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; There is a cb550/four sitting in yard near my home which I think would make a nice cafe. I was wondering if anyone here knows ...

cb550/4 - how much?

There is a cb550/four sitting in yard near my home which I think would make a nice cafe. I was wondering if anyone here knows how much such a bike should go for? From what I can tell by looking at it from a distance and some internet research I think it is a '76 but I can't tell if it is a K or an F. It is brown & has 4into1 pipes. According to the internet only the 76 K came in brown however it had 4into4 pipes. The F had the 4into1 but didn't come in brown. I also read that apart from the pipes, the only difference between the k & r is cosmetic, no performance difference. Is this true? I am going to try to get ahold of the owner next week to get a better look & find out if it runs. (The plates show an expiration of 91) Hopefully he will let it go for a good price. I would like to know what these bike typically go for. Thanks.

76 is a good year. alot of the earlier stuff will fit it. youre right about the pipes and colors. youd have to find out what kind of shape its in for a real opinion here. running, with papers, with decent parts, betwee 5 and 1k. original good pipes are a plus. a good seat is a plus. good battery side cover is a plus. not running, neglected, if its your first bike. id stay away. if you know what youre doing, not running, neglected, not more than a hun or 2 max. most likely it has an aftermarkt pipe. and if its sitting outside, for 15 years, its going to need alot of work. (they should pay you) they may not know what its worth, offer em 50 bucks for it with the title.

jc

thanks jc.
    I got to look at the bike. it was a 76 K with a couple of aftermarket 2into1s (rusty) the bike was stored in a warehouse since 91, but the guy didn't drain the tank. tank was full of rust & crap. rust on forks etc. strange since guy does small engine repairs and should know better. anyways, unfortunately he knew what he had and wouldn't let it go cheap, even with all the work that needed to be done. oh well the search continues. thanks for the reply.

anyone know of any 76 550/4's going cheap in the VA area?

Sponsored Links