Hello every one - Page 2
Close

Hello every one

This is a discussion on Hello every one within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by TrialsRider What is it you ride again Witworth ?:I...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hello every one

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    What is it you ride again Witworth ?:I
    Dean likes this.

I happen to like triples. I have has a few Susuki 2 stroke triples and had a BSA Rocket 3 which was remarkably fast after it was built from the ground up.

Yamaha XS triple isn't a light bike but the motor looks good and it's interesting and different to the ubiquitous Honda 4s. The motor can be made to perform a little better and while the shaft drive is heavy lump with its own peculiarities, the chassis can still be improved upon. Later FZ/FZR forks and brakes would be a good upgrade at the front end and decent shocks at the rear would also help. The tank is a common choice for other cafe race look bikes and it comes stock on that bike.

So we all agree that it will not be the fastest cutting edge Triton or CR750 replica, it can be made into a perfectly capable and fun bike that works much better than stock. Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Witworth View Post
    I don't think anyone is a fan of Yamahas triples.

Danger, is my business.
    I think you might be a little wide of the mark with that comment. There are 2 forums dedicated to the Triples that I know of, so it must have a few fans.
    As Teazer said they are a heavy old lump, but so are most 1970's Japanese 750's that I've ridden. I've built 3 of them up to now, and have to say I like them.
    Each to their own.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

[QUOTE=steveo;299874]I think you might be a little wide of the mark with that comment. There are 2 forums dedicated to the Triples that I know of, so it must have a few fans.
    As Teazer said they are a heavy old lump, but so are most 1970's Japanese 750's that I've ridden. I've built 3 of them up to now, and have to say I like them.
    Each to each their own.

Thank you for the support the ones that support it. I honestly am looking for a project to keep my self busy and indulge my love for motorcycles. I rode cb750s and other 70-80s bikes they all feel heavy and slow in need of a 6th gear. Mostly because I rode and owned modern sport bikes myself. So this project is not to get my thrills on and try to push my limits on. That's my zx10r job. Don't get me wrong I will try to build a great bike that's not all show but I am happy with my $100 purchase? Lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links