Let's Ban Him. - Page 2
Close

Let's Ban Him.

This is a discussion on Let's Ban Him. within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Yea, I'm just looking for opinions...hypothetically of course. Good to hear a different viewpoint....

View Poll Results: To ban or not to ban?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep

20 68.97%
  • Nope

9 31.03%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Let's Ban Him.

Yea, I'm just looking for opinions...hypothetically of course. Good to hear a different viewpoint.
    "It ran when I parked it. Probably just needs new gas and the carbs cleaned."

although i might be considered as a newbie, but ever since i got to this forum, witless is in my face... he pulled the racist card, chauvinist card, insulting people for their nationality, down talking on people...
    in all his 1400+ posts, he never published even a single one with some sort of proof that he is actually real... for all we know, he can be a chatbox getting all his information from the web (that is likes to blame for all the trouble, but uses it without shame)
    this forum is about bikes, and also about the people riding them.
    they guy has no self respect, he was called a dick, ignorant fuck, dumbass, half-wit and many other nicknames that he won fair and square.
    and still, he keeps coming for more, so i would call him a troll or a masochist...

looking at the general picture, he seems to cause more damage than good... and no matter how many times he was told to straighten up, he is still at it like a child.
    sometimes, there is no other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    I know for fact there are potential sponsors to the site that have back out of applying since Witless joined. He is detrimental to the site and to the financial side of things here also. I for one have been staying away more because the whole site seems to be pulled down because of is input alone. Ban is my vote.
    Well this site could become just like all the popular "joke build" sites, if it chooses. Just to only have posters that go: "Yeah wild bike man, I gotta build goin2" .

Be like all the "café racer" websites and FB pages that if anyone points out obviously crap and dangerous builds they get comments deleted and their handle is banned- or so I've heard.

How's the powdercoating biz? Need more traffic? Ask me how.

Danger, is my business.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ravivos View Post
    although i might be considered as a newbie, but ever since i got to this forum, witless is in my face... he pulled the racist card, chauvinist card, insulting people for their nationality, down talking on people...
    in all his 1400+ posts, he never published even a single one with some sort of proof that he is actually real... for all we know, he can be a chatbox getting all his information from the web (that is likes to blame for all the trouble, but uses it without shame)
    this forum is about bikes, and also about the people riding them.
    they guy has no self respect, he was called a dick, ignorant fuck, dumbass, half-wit and many other nicknames that he won fair and square.
    and still, he keeps coming for more, so i would call him a troll or a masochist...

looking at the general picture, he seems to cause more damage than good... and no matter how many times he was told to straighten up, he is still at it like a child.
    sometimes, there is no other choice.
    As far as real goes, you have a worn-out bike in bits. How do you know if I'm not your cousin? you don't .

"getting all his information from the web", that's nonsense, I get most from my own memory. "and also about the people riding them"- the last time you rode a road bike was when?

Why on Earth would a grown man take to heart insults?

BTW, have you noticed that hardly anyone responds to your "build" thread, that should tell you plenty.

Danger, is my business.

Being a useless insulting, racist, unskilled douche hasn't been enough to draw the banhammer in the past, but most of those have moved on on their own.
    If one is screwing with your bottom line... Is it a community health or business decision?

You pay for the site, it's your house.

edit:
    F*ck it. The resident dicks at least attack the behaviors of stupid noobs, not the posters themselves. This site doesn't need the bullshit of petty personal attacks.
    Last edited by wooda2008; 08-19-2014 at 02:56 PM.
    kerosene likes this.
    prohibitively expensive drunk

I fully believe Witworth is a real person.

However, he does sound an awful like the "old pro" character that Geeto67 used to be when this site was still young (and the joke was hilarious). Literally all the same tricks, responses, etc....so either this is a joke cribbing my old joke or really an old pro (or something else I can't figure out). Diverse viewpoints add color but also aren't for the faint of heart.

FF, it's your call so at the end of the day you are going to need to put on the big boy pants and make a decision. If you want to have more of a discussion then guide it a little more otherwise you'll just get a bunch of blood thirsty members asking for his head. make some proposals and we will opine.

as long as we are making suggestions by the way, how about closing the sale comments section down to 5 post minimum? it will keep the knee jerk reaction of "die shill scum" out of the comments section at very least.

you have your work cut out for you, I do not envy you sir in the least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wooda2008 View Post
    You pay for the site, it's your house.
    +1, and as a gracious host set the rules and let people shape up or ship out.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Realistically, I don't have much skin in the game. I have no problem making decisions. This came about because I've gotten more than one "Sign off" email from old members saying that can't stand this particular issue anymore and won't be back. One I got today didn't say why, but I obviously have drawn the connection.

I don't find any one member particularly intolerable, and at the end of the day, I get to watch it all unfold and laugh about it. My real interest is in finding out if I stand to lost anymore folks that post helpful information to someone that posts for the sake of posting. This thread is helping quite a bit.

It's funny how guys calling others liars, frauds, idiots, lonely, racist and every other thing under the Sun, doesn't raise much ire from the throng.

But criticism, experience and opinion does.

It's truly ironic.

I could draw one hundred % more traffic to this site, if I chose to. But then I'd want a paid cut from the ad revenue and hit rates. Dealing with constant insults from, mostly, idiots makes that unlikely.

Danger, is my business.

I agree with a lot of what he says....but believe almost zero of his stories. I have noticed quite a few regulars disappear and that sucks. THis site has really become the whitworth show and it isn't healthy. Find one thread he hasn't derailed

I'm just not even sure what to say to that. You an SEO guru now too? Brilliant.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links