Let's Ban Him. - Page 9
Close

Let's Ban Him.

This is a discussion on Let's Ban Him. within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Ravivos how about that for a racist attack? this is what it wrote on my build thread "Regarding your country, I've met ...

View Poll Results: To ban or not to ban?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep

20 68.97%
  • Nope

9 31.03%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Let's Ban Him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravivos View Post
    how about that for a racist attack?
    this is what it wrote on my build thread

"Regarding your country, I've met people from all around the world, probably in the hundreds. Parisiennes are arrogant, Austrians are as boring as a flat battery and Israelis are all half-mad or nasty. I'm a great fan of stereotypes. They work for me. They get reinforced everyday."
    Saying people from a certain nation are boring, is not racist. It's my personal experience.

Saying that Parisiennes are arrogant, is not racist. It's common knowledge. I had a French guy from Lyon ( who I set up with a very tasty young woman, BTW ) , who agreed with me totally. And a girl from The Massif Centrale, a dude from Marseille who knew it to be true.

Like I said, most of the Israeli guys I've ever met, or worked on their bikes for free have been less than pleasant. Half-mad from military service, maybe, and it's very, very common. They even have nabbing squads that go out of the country, to get the ones who have run right of the rails.

I've got not problem relating my own experiences in life, and I don't need a script and a school teacher telling me what to think, or what words to use.

Danger, is my business.

Saying people from a make believe nation is not racist. Naming a region or indigenous peoples and labelling them is.

You have a *serious* problem relating your own experiences in life, and you *do* need a script and a school teacher telling you what words are very, very bad.

fuk this, I'm going riding.
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 08-20-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    Witworth has never been the subject of a personal or racial insult, by simple fact Witworth has remained totally anonymous since it signed on. -> How can you insult anonymous ?

It hails from a fictiscious place so that it can hurl discriminatory insults in all directions and remain immune to some of the same.
    It won't post a single motorcyle photo of it's very own but slams all the credible members photos and efforts, all the while claiming to have built or owned incredible motorcycles that would put all of our real ones to shame.
    It says it does not care in the least what we think of it and why should it, it's cowardly anonymous. Then it conveys zero respect towards individuals who have filled their profiles with personal details.
    It has no humility and appears incapable of apology even after being completely inappropriate and offensive.

How about an open letter to anonymous posters, outlining acceptable etiquette for posting ?:I
    ... this one Witworth post alone should provide an example of adaquate grounds for expulsion, in my opinion

& that in response to somebody posting a personal photo of their really nice motorcycle painted pale green :/

Next time it makes an incognito racist attack on a real person or an entire country like that, don't hesitate, stomp on that sh*t, it's unacceptable in any entertainment forum.

"Next time it makes an incognito racist attack on a real person or an entire country like that, don't hesitate, stomp on that sh*t, it's unacceptable in any entertainment forum." All well and good, except I haven't made any racist attack at all . You are projecting your own pre-conceptions onto my statements. I have legal understanding, far beyond yours, BTW.

All those colourful terms would have been in polite usage in Britain, probably til nineteen eighty. When the Brits first raced bikes on the continent, those names would have been perfectly acceptable, and I wrote it in that historical context.

To first have any moral high ground, Mr Poster, it helps you to have some to begin with. Trolling me as if your meds are wrong, compounds your faux outrage. Excuse me while I bend over in laughter. An anonymous poster, criticising someone for being a anonymous poster? really?

G_T , a Wog is someone from Italy or Spain. It's derived from historical usage in Egypt or British India. It's "offence level" varies around the world from disgust ( in Britain for about the last twenty years ) , to a loved term ethnic definition, for many of the people called it, in other places in the world. It's a bit like the "N" word, you know: Nigel. Why any parent would inflict that life-long suffering onto an innocent child, is beyond me. Nigel?

Someone from Brussels, capital of Belgium is often called a "Sprout" . As in the vegetable, the Brussel sprout. Being called a carrot or a broccoli is hardly high on the offense scale. Unless you have flaming red or green hair, I guess.

Danger, is my business.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    They are all extremely derogatory terms and were obviously intended to be taken that way, within the context of Witworth's all too frequent, racist and inflamatory statements.
    Go do your own research regarding the word "wog". It's use spreads the whole gamut of use, from outrageous abuse, to respected prime-time media use or on stage. You are just projecting your own prejudices, using flawed "facts" to push your own argument. You would last about five minutes in the High School debating team: you would find there, that mere assertion, with out data or examples to back it up, is not a winning strategy.

Danger, is my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnystark View Post
    not for banning unless called for...warnings or site time outs can be issued first by the Mods..
    an example of a thread needing attention and will loose readers ...

A long time member here Dean has a Thread called 'What to do with my RD400"..
    Look what has been done to its last two to three pages..
    thou Not by just one individule but there is one constant contributor to its downfall.
    Its now mostly crap being posted ruining the thread as it runs along...crap even to the degree of actually stateing the sabotage was being done to ruin the continuity of the thread..

Now a Moderator needs to go into the thead and weed all the bullshit to restore it to its original intent..is this not what a moderator needs to spend hours doing nor what we want to see .... ban only as a last resort..
    The RD guy should have read the label. It's an open forum, with diverse opinions that may often differ or clash. Plenty of other ways to have a build thread that reads like a bedtime story: FB, and many other options.

It's funny how the RD guy has posted meaningless abuse towards others, but a then different opinion it appears in his thread, it then gets all precious, and skips away.

Danger, is my business.

Quote Originally Posted by caferocket686 View Post
    That's like asking why anyone would get pissed at the kid who is in his third hour of crying on a 9hr flight, or why you would slow down to yell at someone playing on a busy highway. You obviously like the attention you get, even though most of it is negative, kinda like an abused housewife. It's sad really. But if it makes you feel happier and doesn't break the forum rules, so be it.
    I'd concentrate more on build advice, if I wasn't being constantly being trolled by idiots. If I'm insulted or called a liar, I'll respond. It's simple strategy that's worked just fine for me in every sphere of my life.

As one poster said, I'm not really the problem here guys. I'm just the catalyst that has brought a chaotic system to critical mass. I've done it all my life to businesses and organizations, usually with very productive results for all involved. But only after all the dust has settled, and one (or more ) person has run away.

Danger, is my business.

I for one am not for banning people and I don't see why people get so up in arms over his posts and feel the need to go back and forth on everythread. He said what he said take it or leave it. Its been said a million times this isn't real life its the internet. If someone insults you does it really matter?

Why don't you just suspend people for a week or so. They have a chance to come back and some will find another sandbox in a weeks time and just wont come back. Its kind of like putting kids that aren't yours in time out because you can't spank them.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Witworth View Post
    Go do your own research regarding the word "wog". It's use spreads the whole gamut of use, from outrageous abuse, to respected prime-time media use or on stage. You are just projecting your own prejudices, using flawed "facts" to push your own argument. You would last about five minutes in the High School debating team: you would find there, that mere assertion, with out data or examples to back it up, is not a winning strategy.

Danger, is my business.
    Straight out of the computers Dictionary
    wog |wäg|
    nounBrit. offensive
    a person who is not white.
    ORIGIN 1920s: of unknown origin.
    wog 2 |wɒg|
    nounAustral. informal
    an illness or infection, typically a minor one: a flu wog struck.
    ORIGIN 1930s: of unknown origin.

Which way did you intend it when you used it ?
    and any attempt on your part to turn things back on me at this point is pathetic. This threads is about you incase you haven't figured it out yet. We are talking about, you not to you.
    At least right up until I broke form and tried to throw you a life preserver, which apparently you are too thick to grab on to.

Quote Originally Posted by Witworth View Post
    I'm just the catalyst that has brought a chaotic system to critical mass. I've done it all my life to businesses and organizations, usually with very productive results for all involved. But only after all the dust has settled, and one (or more ) person has run away.
    The grandiosity of your delusions is astounding.
    ffarl likes this.
    01 MZ Skorpion (No, it's not stock. It was originally designed in England, has a Japanese motor, is built with Italian components, but it's German)
    03 Kawasaki KX250 (Braaap!)
    73 Yamaha RD350/R5

Ok well I've gotten what I wanted out of this thread so I'll go ahead and close it. Let's all try to take something away from this, and I'll do my due diligence as a moderator and try to guide this site back to being about motorcycles.
    "It ran when I parked it. Probably just needs new gas and the carbs cleaned."

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Sponsored Links