Has the Forum gone to the Shitter? - Page 6
Close

Has the Forum gone to the Shitter?

This is a discussion on Has the Forum gone to the Shitter? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Glad to be of service gang. It happened on a rare day when I was ignoring the forums. Sorry it took so long!...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Has the Forum gone to the Shitter?

Glad to be of service gang. It happened on a rare day when I was ignoring the forums. Sorry it took so long!
    "It ran when I parked it. Probably just needs new gas and the carbs cleaned."

Thank you. One down and one on ignore. Life is good again. Except for Bonneville being cancelled again.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    Thank you. One down and one on ignore. Life is good again. Except for Bonneville being cancelled again.
    I see that it has been rained out again and I can tell you Bob is majorly pissed off. He stored the car/truck/trailer out there after the Aug. rainout and has a plane ticket for this Thurs. to fly out there. Wayne Jesel was going to pick him up in SLC and take him to the flats. Now Wayne is not going so he has no ride from the airport to get to the car. He'll have to fly out there just to haul the rig back home just like last year. Huge waste of money and time.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I have a BSA in my garage that belongs to a friend in Denmark. He brought it over for SpeedWeek. After it was rained out he brought it to my house and went back to Denmark to make a few bucks and arrange some more time off work and come back for World Finals. Now he is in Denmark and his bike is 6000 miles away in SoCal. He has 30 days left on his import license before he starts to get fines for having it here over the time limit. I checked today to see if the time could be extended (maybe to next August LOL!). The words fat chance were ringing through my ears.
    Last edited by Hoofhearted; 09-22-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Saw it was rained out.
    really sucks
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

The SCTA had, at least, the brains to call it yesterday instead of of letting everyone show up and umm and arr for two or three days before calling it. Most of us saved the cost of the drive and a couple of nights hotel bill. It sucks alright. Now I'll have to go to El Mirage. El Mirage is OK but its only 1.3 miles. Bonneville is 3 miles. Once you've done three miles its hard to go back.
    pwalo likes this.

That's why I'm going to limit myself to Ohio in the beginning, much more cost effective. One of last years events it rained half of Sat. morning and every one still got to make as many runs as they wanted. Bonne on my bike is not in my mind, but I wouldn't rule it out once I put some miles on mine.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

World Finals is always a roll of the dice. The rain out of SpeedWeek this year was the first rain out in 22 years. Its nice to have a concrete or asphalt surface so rain doesn't affect you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    World Finals is always a roll of the dice. The rain out of SpeedWeek this year was the first rain out in 22 years. Its nice to have a concrete or asphalt surface so rain doesn't affect you.
    Wasn't Speedweek last year so wet everyone kept spinning out and no real records were broken?
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I got one of mine back last year. With a damaged piston. The long course got slippery. They closed it and moved to the long/short course. The salt on it and the short course wasn't bad at all. But then I don;t have enough HP to worry about spinning.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links