Cafe Racer Forum banner

Has the Forum gone to the Shitter?

8K views 59 replies 16 participants last post by  Hoofhearted 
#1 · (Edited)
Where is this all going ?
Good build threads are now being ruined by the latest childish banter..

Where are the MODERATOR'S?
I'll assume that Tex slapped a weeks time out recently to a member to curb some of this destruction.. Others (moderators) actions or the needed reclaiming of ruined threads appears to be non-existant..

I dont see where the banter is good for selling Advertizing space or the forum continuing to be source for good information ..

Is this the new way to gain traffic , Let the trash talk run wild for more hits, thus making the site more valueble , or to run off the older members, in which then owner's can change the direction of the site altogether ?...

We have lost solid contributing members for good , while others are in the backgrounds not contributing at all , waiting to see where this is all going..

My thinking is this is all going to hit the fan very shortly..

My 2 cents...

Betting DTT members are getting a kick out of all this..

See less See more
#7 ·
#6 · (Edited)
I'll not point fingers as I'm not sure of its actually happening...I chanced to see a weeks gap in this members postings...
And his posting style changed after..
Could also be just as possible a down computer , vacation or he got lucky that week and didnt need to f' around with us too.. lol

Jail time can't be rulled out ...... ;)

This post has been deleted
#11 ·
Are you always such a complete douchebag? If you want to make a fool of yourself in your own threads that's one thing but spamming a forum just to act like a cretin is beyond rude.

The only thing I do not understand is why this idiot is still here. There is absolutely no excuse for Bucci's behavior and less excuse for moderators to allow it. I don't have a huge tolerance level for people behaving badly at the best of times and I hve no time for this guy acting this way. An N O all of us leaving is not an acceptable outcome. Just ban his ass. It's time.

#12 ·
Has anybody emailed ffral? I think he's knee deep with his band or some shit and thus not paying attention.

This is place has always been the Wild West, anybody really surprised that someone new with no clue walks in and declares themselves "the sheriff"? What ever he's up to he can't keep it up forever, and this place has never, from day one, been a home to his kind (the hipster chopper bandwagon jumping douchebag). You can wait it out, and he will go away just like all the others. It helps if you set him to ignore then you don't have to read anything he wrote.

#15 ·
it's because nothing interesting is being built and showed or talked about, chances are it's because anyone building anything interesting doesn't care to put pictures up because they've already got a network of people who they ask for advice off forum. unfortunately it's like a new right of passage for the up and coming jesse jamesers to come on here and defend some crap pile and then whine about getting picked apart. i ignore 90% of new builds that come on here because frankly I doubt any of them are actually looking for any advice.

#17 ·
It's because the café racer world has reached Peak Hipster, and the internet snake that is the cool café crapster, has finally turned so far as to bite it's own ass.

The café racer snake really had nowhere to go after promoting the same bike design , over and over and over again: Ad infinitum. I saw the disconnect with real riding, and good bikes, years ago. It was an obvious road to nowhere. If I could go back a few years, I'd just come out and say it straight: " this bike is total shit, and you are an idiot. "

Danger, is my business.

#16 ·
I have faith that the mods have been talking to people.
maybe they gave some a window to clean it up and are waiting for that time to run out.
im not a fan of banning at all, but Cory is a bit much. Not funny and no motorcycle content so a total waste

#20 ·
Some guys definition of a nerd, is someone knowing one line of Shakespeare by heart or being able to read. Some guys it seems, weren't at school, the day they did school.

J_g : " Nope, the hipsters are moving on. all we are getting now is bad hipsters that are late to the party."

Or guys so flipped out, and behind the curve of any café-fashion movement that all hope is lost.

The " scheming bitches scooter club " only take in girlies. Maybe It's time for some to start a " Dreaming Snitches Without Britches ", café racer club?

Getting late to the party is like saying: " What's up, and going down Daddy-O. "

Danger, is my business.

#23 ·
^how is that?
RCC stays out of the mud and name calling, offers real tech to people when he can and makes a living building actual functional motorcycles.
wish he had more time to post the killers hit he does

#25 ·
I think its time buccicyle was banned as Im sure it wont be long before someone takes the bait from his childish rants and lowers themselves to an appropriate response which can only continue to be detrimental to this site.

Although Witworth may clash with a few members on here, he actually produces sound advice and does have a broad technical understanding. Witworths brand of Banter is like Marmite, but this recent member is totally annoying.

#27 ·
well, perhaps i failed to get my point through -
a man of his statue, saying that he is ignoring 90% of the project threads, is a true loss to this community/forum.
i, for once, disagree with your rant about people coming here to get affirmation instead of advice.
of course i can only talk for my self but i do listen to all of you and learned to separate the wheat from the chaff.
RCC, although probably short on time, should try and chime in more, not ignoring 90% of the threads, so he can help bring all of us to a higher level of professionalism and performance while steer us away from problems and mistakes that he already dealt with.
so, if i offended RCC, that was not my intention.

and yes, it is time to clean house.

#32 ·
If someone is building a bike or a part for a bike that is downright dangerous (or so stupid it won't work) "straight to the point, tell it like it is" is the only way. If you want to find out straight to the point, go racing and see what a tech inspector will say if you show up with crap. We all have come up with stupid ideas over the years. Some wehave been talked out of trying. Other ideas we just had to find out for ourselves. With the internet and forums like this you can ask before you wind up on a "Dozy Bikers Fail" video.

#36 ·
Of course. I work at a motorcycle shop and I race every month or so. I understand what a tech does and does not say to someone. Techs are meant to be rude. Do you honestly think its better to act like an asshole to someone who asks for advice?

You guys arent the local track techs. The guy didnt roll up with the unsafe POS and try to race it. So instead of busting his balls in a very rude way, give some proper advice in a civil manner.

#33 ·
Asking for advice as a total nOOb when building any bike, is not a counselling service for idiots with no idea, no cash and no skills.

In life, as in a real M/C shop, or a M/C forum, often the best advice to guys who don't know shit from a spanner is : " You don't know shit from a spanner, dude ! ".

" You guys tend to be overly harsh with your tips. " That's not the case at all. Often it takes a dozen replies to guys, before any good advice penetrates their thick skulls far enough to give any positive results.

It's a café racer forum, not a chopper with clip-ons appreciation society. It's a safe bike forum, not the clown shoe shuffle. It's an improve the performance of an old Jap bike site, not "make it look fast, and function worse" " club ". It's not " The Boy with the dragging tattoo ", redux.

Danger, is my business.

#35 ·
Again, That is where you are wrong.

People arent always as stupid as you point them out to be. No one knows all the answers to the universe. Just because they bought a bike and want to build it up as a hobby with the cafe racer style does not mean they are idiots. If they want the cafe racer style, tell them what they should buy to make it the cafe racer style. You dont have to, again, play some "im a badass, you're not." attitude. If you want it to be a safe bike forum then the last thing you want to do is make yourself look like an asshole, have the person go someplace else, then get the actual WRONG advice from someone who couldnt tell the difference from a turd and a diamond.

"In real life." News flash bud. This is real life. Internet isnt just some virtual reality. The person on the other side of the screen is reading what you're saying. Taking your advice or not and deciding whether to continue being here or leaving.

I have seen nearly every new builder either put off or shunned away by everyone who thinks they are superior on this site. Quit the tough guy act and just be the helpful guy that gives the right advice. The website wont grow with the "Hey dumbass, you dont know how to build a bike so sell the piece of shit!" attitude that over half the active posters seem to post. Let people learn from their mistakes. If they wanna ride a piece of shit, unsafe motorcycle then let them smack their skull on the ground a few times before they learn their lesson and in the long run it doesnt hurt you. Its not like the dude is building the bike for you guys to ride. If he wants it a certain way that is deemed unsafe for most bikers in this community then let him learn his lesson.

It does not often take a dozen replies for someone to understand that the way they are going at it is an unsafe way. A simple "Hey, You wanna learn how to wrench on a bike? Well then I suggest you start by doing this ......" is way more effective in the long run rather than "Dipshit, sell the bike, buy something else."

#38 ·
Really? This old BS again?

first, you are wrong. The web isn't real and nothing gets done here.
second if people don't like the tone there is nothing keeping them any place.

Reactions: pwalo
#39 · (Edited)
Cloak, we have tried things many different ways over the years. 90% people will not stay no matter how nice we coax them. Geets (I used to do it more too), Jag etc. sometimes get colorful and say things in a rude way - really this only accelerates the inevitable - either they stick around or leave. Being nice leads to the end game slower - if the guy is dense and fixed with silly ideas he is very unlikely to listen to advise no matter how nicely put. And yeah we could have more members if every bike and idea was praised. However I like this place (and I believe many others too) because bs. doesn't fly far here.

I have made an attempt of being more appropriate but I also have stopped reacting to silly builds as much.

Me getting tired with repetitive stupid shit coincided with me getting very busy in real life so I care less. But it is a true bummer to see this place go to shits. Lets hope it doesn't happen.

#40 ·
I can understand this. Thanks for clearing it up. Its just the constant asshole attitude (which is literally all I have seen since I joined this site) was getting old.

I got brought here by Sabrecafe. The guy who made the youtube vid's! He hyped up the website as being a very inviting place for some good advice which is unfortunately a very misleading direction. Some people here are inviting. Others not so much. Geeto doesnt really bug me. Not sure why jag is all upset over me bringing this up.

This place feels more like a place to vent your anger on other people for no reasoning. Its not a very inviting place for anyone, really.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.