the " What have you purchased recently ? " photo thread - Page 3
Close

the " What have you purchased recently ? " photo thread

This is a discussion on the " What have you purchased recently ? " photo thread within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by engel kerry: that the HJ/X/Z ute with the dirtbikes? Not seen one in a while now. Any chance of a photo? Not ...

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: the " What have you purchased recently ? " photo thread

Quote Originally Posted by engel View Post

kerry: that the HJ/X/Z ute with the dirtbikes? Not seen one in a while now. Any chance of a photo?
    Not mine but mine is identical (even in color and decals) though slightly shittier:

It was in impulse purchase when I was in a vintage toy shop in vegas. I had one as a kid and broke the dirtbikes off the bed before losing it somewhere in my parent's house. For some reason I did manage to hold on to the pea soup green matchbox mercury station wagon (with working tailgate) and hot wheels mercury cougar drag car.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Such dorks
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

HJ.

I also have the green station wagon with drop gate somewhere. Must go through those boxes one of these days.
    BFF of Ken, inheritor of same status with Tex, erstwhile defender of young Kerry, and general village idiot sans village. Glen.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I have to say I am quite jelly that you aussies got the Mopar version of the trucklette (pronounced Truck-let) where as in the US all we had was the ranchero and el camino. Although I don't think having a Plymouth Valant Ute available in the states would have helped Mopar any, seeing as how even without the trucklette dodge was leading the way as the white trash on his or her way to prision brand when I was a kid. Seriously, if you owned a dodge charger or a Plymouth road runner in the 90's you were basically on the track to a pre-paid stay at the gray bar motel, probably for killing a clerk while robbing a convenience store, you were on the accelerated path and your time remaining free could be counted in months if the car had any primer or was several different colors.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    I still have my 60's monkee mobile (Corgi). Its missing all the monkees except peter so it's not worth as much.

At one point I had a giant 1969 charger General Lee from when the show was on. It was big because you could put Mego figures into it. I wish I still had that.
    Peter was/is the second coolest one. Mike, of course, is the coolest.
    "It ran when I parked it. Probably just needs new gas and the carbs cleaned."

ffarl..... you're a daydream believer, Davey Jones was obviously the coolest.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    ffarl..... you're a daydream believer, Davey Jones was obviously the coolest.
    He was the popular choice. Of the ladies.
    steveo likes this.

I don't know what you're insinuating.

Quote Originally Posted by ffarl View Post
    He was the popular choice. Of the ladies.
    and the brits..so yeah same thing.

I guess it all depends on whether you watch it ironically or not. If you are the post gen X group that watched it ironically then obviously Peter and Mike are the cool ones because they are the straight men in a zany comedy. If you are part of the Gen-X or older generation groups who also grew up on three stooges and bugs bunny cartoons then you gravitate toward the mad cap ones like Mickey and Davey because they are usually the drivers of the slapstick humor.

And if you were clinically insane you liked Mr. Schneider.

I think Mickey dolenz had the best quote about the monkees when he said:
    a TV show about an imaginary band [...] that wanted to be the Beatles, [but] that was never successful",[1] the actor-musicians soon became a real band. As Dolenz would later describe it, "The Monkees really becoming a band was like the equivalent of Leonard Nimoy [who played the alien officer Spock in Star Trek] really becoming a Vulcan.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

I watched the show when I was a kid and Davy was always just too much for me. I like Mike because he was awkward I guess. If you read about him (I can't imagine why you would) he's had a really reclusive yet interesting life. I do still listen to their music. Some of that shit was great. Pleasant Valley Sunday is a great song.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links