Hipster hatin - Page 3
Close

Hipster hatin

This is a discussion on Hipster hatin within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by nicebikemate Think the most annoying thing for me is the ammount of bikes that are being messed up by it. If it ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Hipster hatin

Quote Originally Posted by nicebikemate View Post
    Think the most annoying thing for me is the ammount of bikes that are being messed up by it. If it was just a few people here and there hacking their bikes up that'd be one thing, Darwin has a way of dealing with those people - but it's the amount of people who completely fuck up a bike to achieve a style, and then try to sell it for 5x times what they bought it for that piss me off.
    I'm with you on that one. Not so bad if they take something that isn't normally worth fixing and turn it into something worthwhile, but when it comes to destroying another decent bike, it's more than annoying. Darwin needs to pick up the pace a little bit. On the flip side, I suppose buying a few stock CB750's and saving them from the hacksaw crowd would be better than money in the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoDog View Post
    (BTW - are you Brad Black as in bikeboy.org? If so thanks for the time you've put into creating your site, I've spent a bit of time there myself)
    yep. you're welcome.

one of the oddities of the availability thing is that the late 80's early 90's 750 - 1000 sport bikes like the gsxr, zxr, fzr, etc, are (in au anyway) rarer than the early things because even though they sold a heap the ones that didn't get the shit crashed out of them have already been streetfightered, wacky how shit goes.

You're not wrong. I fancied a ZXR750 H1, and spent quite a few months searching. There were a few for sale, but nothing decent.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

"hipster dipshits" haha wow.... "Darwin has a way of dealing with those people" oh my not the Darwin references

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    See that's just it...you are spouting off like you are an expert and have an opinion that matters when it truth it really doesn't. Neither does mine for that matter, but if you look at the substance of the words you say vs what I say, at least mine has semblance of order and direction.

If it is all personal, then why the need to share it on the internet? I mean presumably the purpose of sharing is to find like minded people, but what if the people you find in the hobby aren't like minded to you? Do you see it from their point of view? your above statements indicate you do not, you believe the above and therefore it is right a good and all encompassing and you're right and we're not. But the truth is you are the outlier, not us.
    Preach good lord

Quote Originally Posted by dirkchecken View Post
    hipster crap aside. you have a cb350? for the second time, lets see it. IF this tread is going to turn ugly, lets talk about your bike.
    Fixed it for you Dirk
    Ignorance Is Bliss

Ho. ho. hipster.

Name:  hipster-santa-xmas-card-ben.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  312.4 KB
    Ignorance Is Bliss

Doesn't "hipster" mean someone that eagerly adopts things that are on the cusp of being trendy or considered cool? So, old motorcycles (cafe, brat, or scrambler in particular or any BMW R/ pre 1985), work boots with white soles, beards, traditional style tattoos, vinyl, pie, etc. these are currently trending as cool so therefore appreciated by hipsters. But here is the catch. If you are really good at one of these (you have an exceptionally long beard or your work boots are on their 3rd set of white soles) then you aren't the hipster but rather the trendsetter. On bikes, it requires your bike to actually have mods that make it do something meaningful (ie stop, turn, go) better than it did in factory spec trim in order for it not be considered hipster.

I suppose i'm a hipster since it takes one to know one.

P.s. I think the PBR think is dying down with hipsters due to the advent of 10.0 ABV craft beer.
    http://www.slingshotcycles.com
    Stainless braided brake lines and other odds and ends.
    Enter coupon code "caferacer" during checkout for 15% off

zUUUuummmmmmmm craft beer......
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

A few for this evening.........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links