Struck Gold.....kinda
Close

Struck Gold.....kinda

This is a discussion on Struck Gold.....kinda within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So I regularly get gift cards from my folks and mother-in-law for Sears. Generally, since I don't go to the mall very often and I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Struck Gold.....kinda

So I regularly get gift cards from my folks and mother-in-law for Sears. Generally, since I don't go to the mall very often and I am often not in town, these cards just get stuffed into a desk drawer. Well, I was cleaning out, said drawer, today and found 4 $25 dollar cards, 2 that may be between $25 and $100 (I'll have to go see how much is on them) and I had 1 $25 dollar card in my wallet. So, I have at least $175 to go do some damage in the Craftsman Aisle......

I do need a timing light, but that'll still leave about $140.......what to do, what to do.

I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

well in terms of striking gold its relatively modest - not to say it isn't pleasant...
    American Gold Eagle Tenth Oz - Great National Pricing

Ratcheting basic wrenches are decent - I like my craftsman ones. Without knowing what you already have or what you miss its hard to give recommendations.
    -

That's just it. I really don't need anything. With over 35 years of collecting tools, there isn't much I don't have...including specialty tools. I'll just have to go down and peruse. Maybe it's time to renew a couple torque wrenches......who knows.

It was kind of like finding a $20 bill in the pocket of the jacket you haven't worn in a couple years. I just love that moment!

.... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

If you have a dedicated work area consider buying a decent chair. Great for drinking a beer and observing whatever you're working on.

One thing to check on any gift cards you receive are whether or not they have expiration dates. Companies can make millions off of unclaimed cards or just tiny balances. Not sure about Sears in particular, but definitely worth looking into.

I don't suppose they have one of those cheap bore scopes that plugs into a laptop...... one with a camera small enough to fit in a plug hole.

I have a borescope that I use to inspect locomotive engines, but it doesn't have an SD card or output. I had one that did, but the light wasn't bright enough for my purposes.

My GS550 Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cyorg View Post
    I don't suppose they have one of those cheap bore scopes that plugs into a laptop...... one with a camera small enough to fit in a plug hole.
    as a matter of fact they do:
    Sears.com

haven't seen it in person but if the pic is any indicator the plugs in most engines are larger than a USB key.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Turns out the two mystery cards were worth $100 each, so the total wound up being $325. I spent $271 for all this, and still have $54 to order that USB camera Geeto found....plus a little more!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My GS550 Build Thread

Subscribe to SIX HOT ISSUES!! of WarmPipe for only $29.99!!! Interweb NOW!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links