Hey ffarl, how about a "Penalty Box"?
Close

This is a discussion on Hey ffarl, how about a "Penalty Box"? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Yes... how about setting up a penalty box? When some of these threads spiral down the crapper, they could be moved to a penalty box. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hey ffarl, how about a "Penalty Box"?

Yes... how about setting up a penalty box? When some of these threads spiral down the crapper, they could be moved to a penalty box. That way, you are not censoring anyone and, if its not linked, it would improve the looks of the column on the side listing recent posts. I guess the question is.. are you gaining more of an audience or not. Now perhaps it would pose a problem deciding when a thread gets sent to the box (and perhaps there is a better label), but you could simple ask yourself if it's starting to look like fodder for the Jerry Springer show..... or maybe if the term c**t is used in 6 consecutive posts... I mean people could still go a view the threads in the box if they want to torment the criminally insane or screw with the minds of the challenged. As I'm writing this, I'm starting to think it's a dumb idea, because the penalty box would get pretty crowded.
    Last edited by Cyorg; 02-20-2015 at 11:11 AM.

I like it.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Oh come on, a penalty box? You guys are killing me...I did not see this coming..was that in the script?

I'm telling you, this stuff is ratings gold, really, some of you guys should quit screwing around with bikes and get an agent pronto...

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by OldTwin View Post
    Oh come on, a penalty box? You guys are killing me...I did not see this coming..was that in the script?

I'm telling you, this stuff is ratings gold, really, some of you guys should quit screwing around with bikes and get an agent pronto...
    No script.. don't think there is anybody on the planet that is more unscripted that I..... (that's why I operate under a vow of silence when out in public) and it was written tongue in cheek .. sort of. Don’t need or want an agent. All of the proceeds would go to the victims anyway. Plus I’m too busy coming up with a cheap fix for SKS slam fires. Gotta protect the root crops in the coming days. All kidding aside, some more decent build threads would help me find some inspiration for getting the bike onto the front burner and I wouldn’t feel like I’m signing onto the Fox News site.

Language warning.

substitute caferacer.net for canada.
    BFF of Ken, inheritor of same status with Tex, erstwhile defender of young Kerry, and general village idiot sans village. Glen.

Once you get to a half-dozen slags and nothing positive, a responsible moderator should delete the thread.
    engel likes this.
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

Any form of spam should be deleted by an adminstrator. If you want to sell a product become a supporting vendor. If it's a single item put it in the classified. Not sure on the penalty box thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclocrossfool View Post
    keep fishin, someone will bite
    Yep, got a big one on the line right now...

Seriously, these are just bikes and this is just an internet forum, stop taking this shit to heart and get wrenching.
    knappyfeet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpaul View Post
    Once you get to a half-dozen slags and nothing positive, a responsible moderator should delete the thread.
    beggar.... that's all my threads gone
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

Beggar or bugger? Not livin in thailand are ya steve?
    BFF of Ken, inheritor of same status with Tex, erstwhile defender of young Kerry, and general village idiot sans village. Glen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links