Yamaha HT-1 1971 - Page 2
Close

Yamaha HT-1 1971

This is a discussion on Yamaha HT-1 1971 within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by jaguar having a small bike in the garage is great. I use mine for parts runs, or to pick up food. The ...

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Yamaha HT-1 1971

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
    having a small bike in the garage is great. I use mine for parts runs, or to pick up food.
    The rear rack is the best mod ever
    I would love to find a rack......I keep looking on ebay but nothing. I like the scooter idea and the more fun on dirt bike thoughts as well. So many ideas, so many thoughts....not enough bikes. Yet!

What is the plan for it? Even if you "only" put $1000 into restoring it you arent going to want to take it out in the dirt and risk tearing it up. If you plan on an selling it afterwards you may be able to make some money off of it, oddly I have seen several restored go upwards of $4-5k but you have to find the right person trying to relive their youth.

I don't know who said it but good advice that has been stated here before, Have a plan and execute the plan.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by TSwami View Post
    What is the plan for it? Even if you "only" put $1000 into restoring it you arent going to want to take it out in the dirt and risk tearing it up. If you plan on an selling it afterwards you may be able to make some money off of it, oddly I have seen several restored go upwards of $4-5k but you have to find the right person trying to relive their youth.

I don't know who said it but good advice that has been stated here before, Have a plan and execute the plan.
    I couldn't agree more with the idea and having a plan. The $1000 might end up being $1500 after further calculations. The plan is simple......restore to its full glory........use the crap out of it.....then restore it again if I need to. I spent nearly my entire life buying, working on bikes only to sell them later. I do not regret it as I have acquired some good restoring skills and had fun in the process. I have learned many characteristics of many machines. Now I only purchase things that I intend to keep(at least for a long while). So now I restore only to cater to reliving my youth. But let me tell you......... $4 or $5 thousand is inviting.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I think its really weird to see those prices on these little bikes but there must be a market our there somewhere.

When I first got my LT2 (it was given to me for free) I had thoughts about restoring it but then decided if I ever wanted to ride it I would be scared to death to drop it or scratch it. Riding a restored bike in the dirt just didn't seem like a good idea. It will still be good looking when im done but it will be able to do duty as a fire road blaster.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

Here's my 71 CT1 waiting for rebuild I've got al the parts no time
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    \"Smok\'in the competition NOT Tobacco\"
    \"Transplant organs, Don\'t bury them!\"

USCRA #944
    WVRC #44
    www.wvrclub.com

Your rear seat extension or tail rack is what I am searching for

It's been my observation that old bike owners come in one of three types; those who want to Ride the old bike, those who want to Sell the old bike and turn a profit, and those who think they want to Collect old bikes just to look at them.

:I fall under the Ride the old bike category, so a tiny 1970's enduro would never be worth 3 or 4 grand to me.
    IF I was inclined to collect bikes, the bike would need to be unused and still in the original shipping crate for it to be worth 3 or 4 grand, which equates to roughly 7 times it's original sticker cost.
    The problem with assuming there is a big $ nostalgia market for old restored bikes is: anyone old enough to want that old bone purely for nostalgia reasons, probably remembers what they sold for new.

If you are going to turn an old bike into a dirt squirt, the first thing to do is to remove all those OEM parts like the still perfect instrument cluster and headlight shell, which actually might be worth big $ some day, once you actually locate that illusive guy who collects over-priced 1970's dirt bikes and hangs them on the wall in his museum.

And now for the big question of the day ?:I Why would anyone in their right mind want to put a pillion seat and passenger pegs on a sub 100cc motorcycle?
    Unless you are stuck at the size of a 10 year old boy and frequently offer rides to small children ?:I

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    And now for the big question of the day ?:I Why would anyone in their right mind want to put a pillion seat and passenger pegs on a sub 100cc motorcycle?
    Last edited by grandpaul; 02-06-2015 at 08:54 AM.
    K9Swine likes this.
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

Quote Originally Posted by grandpaul View Post

So what's the picture that didn't work, a family of 5 commuting somewhere in India ?:I

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    So what's the picture that didn't work, a family of 5 commuting somewhere in India ?:I
    How 'bout one right here in the 'States
    pwalo likes this.
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links