Yamaha HT-1 1971
Close

Yamaha HT-1 1971

This is a discussion on Yamaha HT-1 1971 within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Me and my son picked this up off CL for $300. We plan on restoring it to its full glory and use it as a ...

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Yamaha HT-1 1971

Yamaha HT-1 1971

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 4156
Size:  2.51 MB

Views: 2876
Size:  2.81 MB

Me and my son picked this up off CL for $300. We plan on restoring it to its full glory and use it as a pit bike/rv bike/7-11 run bike/just dorking out bike. I always purchase a vehicle with proper title, registration, non-op, etc. we live in California and you can really hump yourself on registration fees if not careful. I read on this forum a lot of folks purchasing real big non running projects....semi complete....with a bill of sale. That is definately not ideal...... especially not to someone new. This runs surprisingly well and is from what I can tell...complete. Riding off road gave me that "I just got my first new motorcycle feel." Remember our first and some our first bikes? Memory lane.
    Last edited by knappyfeet; 02-02-2015 at 08:53 PM.
    Geeto67, 44dwarf and pwalo like this.

Big time memories.

A friend had an 80 enduro, my older brother had a 175, and the neighbor guys had a 360. Those were great bikes, on AND off-road.
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

\"Smok\'in the competition NOT Tobacco\"
    \"Transplant organs, Don\'t bury them!\"

USCRA #944
    WVRC #44
    www.wvrclub.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I scrapped my uncle's 76 mx100 last year, and was sad about it.
    The Kickstart broke off at the shaft that goes into the side cover, and when we got tired of push starting it as kids, it sat in the shed for 20 years. When I finally dug it out, it wasn't locked up, but so rusty it would have needed everything but an engine and fenders. Similar feels there, I guess. Small Yamaha dirtbike and all...
    BTW, I have some brand new dot rated knobby tires in a 3.5x18 and a 3x18 that need a home.
    I have $50 in the pair, if you're interested. Never been mounted, still have the stickers on them, less than a year in my closet...
    Last edited by thechief86; 02-03-2015 at 08:59 PM.
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

I have a 72 Yamaha LT2 which is pretty much the same bike that I am rebuilding as well, interested to see your progress. Mine is street titled as well not sure what direction Im going with it yet.

A lot of the HT LT and DT parts interchange if you are looking for stuff. I have an extra engine if you get into it and may need some parts.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
Views: 4156
Size:  2.51 MB

Views: 2876
Size:  2.81 MB

Me and my son picked this up off CL for $300. We plan on restoring it to its full glory and use it as a pit bike/rv bike/7-11 run bike/just dorking out bike. I always purchase a vehicle with proper title, registration, non-op, etc. we live in California and you can really hump yourself on registration fees if not careful. I read on this forum a lot of folks purchasing real big non running projects....semi complete....with a bill of sale. That is definately not ideal...... especially not to someone new. This runs surprisingly well and is from what I can tell...complete. Riding off road gave me that "I just got my first new motorcycle feel." Remember our first and some our first bikes? Memory lane.
    There is a lot of potential dirt upgrades you could do to that bike if you wanted to make it a more full on dirt bike you know jus sayin.

having a small bike in the garage is great. I use mine for parts runs, or to pick up food.
    The rear rack is the best mod ever
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

if you want to make it more of a scooter maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    if you want to make it more of a scooter maybe.
    Its great for beer runs!
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Everyone here is so helpful. You all confirm my thoughts that this group of enthusiasts has a wealth of information and experience.....what an asset. I also have gathered you all don't suffer fools well.

when we purchased the bike he gave us 2 new tires and a complete top end kit......apparently he was going to restore it as well. Our intentions are to completely restore it for under $1000.....the best we can. Over the years I have acquired a skill for painting so I will be doing that myself. I am guessing paint product cost will be around $400. The only thing I might change is the primary color.......maybe a mid 70's yamaha yellow........just to be different. If I need some chrome that $1000 estimate is bye bye. Since there is so much knowledge here I might start a new thread concerning zinc plating kits as I have never done that before.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links