‘80 Yamaha GN400 – Old Empire Motorcycles * Really?
Close

This is a discussion on ‘80 Yamaha GN400 – Old Empire Motorcycles * Really? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Too good not to share. ?80 Yamaha GN400 ? Old Empire Motorcycles | Pipeburn.com ‘80 Yamaha GN400 – Old Empire Motorcycles Lethal crap build bike ...

Too good not to share.

?80 Yamaha GN400 ? Old Empire Motorcycles | Pipeburn.com

‘80 Yamaha GN400 – Old Empire Motorcycles

Name:  Suzaha.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  97.0 KB

Lethal crap build bike to sell clothing to hipsters.

And the guy writing the gushing guff doesn't even know who manufactured the bike.

Danger, is my business."
    Last edited by Witworth; 04-02-2015 at 08:51 AM.

I am not a builder and honestly know far more about dirt riding than street, but I have been lurking the site and am interesting in picking up the details you and many of the members see. I'll take a stab at observing the front wheel seems too large to corner well, the cut pipe likely hurts performance (not it mention loud as hell), front fork travel seems really limited, guessing rear shocks won't work too well either. Other than that it's an awesome hipster bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sullyfam View Post
    I am not a builder and honestly know far more about dirt riding than street, but I have been lurking the site and am interesting in picking up the details you and many of the members see. I'll take a stab at observing the front wheel seems too large to corner well, the cut pipe likely hurts performance (not it mention loud as hell), front fork travel seems really limited, guessing rear shocks won't work too well either. Other than that it's an awesome hipster bike.

I guess by that, you mean it's good to look at, but never actually any good to ride?

So what's the attraction?

It's like an elephant, great to look at, but useless and it could kill you before you realise what's going on.

Danger, is my business."

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sullyfam View Post

First figure out that the gn 400 is Suzuki, not Yamaha. Then scrap it,except for the engine and modify the engine with the few hop-up parts available for it and dump it in a street-tracker or enduro chassis. Then just enjoy it for what it is-or isn't.

Sponsored Links